Chapter 19

The ride down to the black vault was short and sweet... minus the sweet. It seemed the Goblins didn't understand that a rapid acceleration to unheard of speeds in a second was bad for health. The Black vault was slightly further down from the Potter vault.

"The older the family, the older the vault, the farther down it is." Redstone said, with Riplock nodding his agreement. Harry nodded his thanks, and no sooner had the journey started, had it ended. The company of four stepped out, as Harry repeated the same procedures as with the Potter vault.

The vault had a much less open feel, the books had darker covers, the money was towering over him. He almost felt as though the money was trying to intimidate him. He walked over to the books - the only thing here that interested him.

'Dark Arts - Through the Ages.'
'How to use any spell to your desire'
'Curses, Hexes and Jinxes - How to cause fatal Harm to your opponent'

Yeah... maybe coming to the books wasn't the best idea for Harry. He picked up two that interested him - a book on the Black Family History, and a book on the magical politics system, adding them to his bag.

He nodded at Minerva, who was waiting outside, and the two goblins, as they got back into the cart of doom - well, that's what Harry called it anyway.

"One last stop, Mr Potter. The Ravenclaw vault is much further down than the Potter and Black. As one of the five first families to trust in the idea of a Goblin run bank, they are right at the base of the Family. However, since the founders grandchildren, no one had come to this vault. There is no goblin assigned to the family specifically, and no other heir to any of the other founders has been found." Harry nodded shakily. He knew the founders families were old, but not that old. He pressed his hand upon the vault, his hand perfectly fitting into the handprint left. The door opened, almost sparkling.

What he saw was not what he was expecting.

He was immediately drawn to the ceiling of the vault. It looked like the sky. It was bright and blue with small white clouds, shaped like birds. The coins were polished to perfection, not a speck of dirt or grease atop them. It was warm and welcoming. The entire back wall of the vault was a library. Hundreds, if not thousands, of books adjourned the wall. The vault itself looked like the perfect place to sit down and read a quiet book.

In front of him, was a small table with a beautifully decorated box, a large wooden box on the floor next to it. Inside was a tied up scroll, which he carefully opened, for fear of it disintegrating in his hands.

'Dear Harry,

Yes, we know who you are, my heir. My dearest sister, Helga, possess the ability to see into the future, and has looked into the future of all our heirs. She has told me what will happen to you, what terrors you shall face, and what goodness and happiness shall bespoke you. We have left you some tools in order to help you with your training.

I have one piece of advice for you, my heir. Do not be... afraid to kill. I know that sounds bad. But some people don't deserve to live. How many lives does one have to take, before being considered inhuman? What extent do they have to go, to be considered a criminal, a murderer, to no long deserve a trial? Ponder these questions, young Harry; ponder them hard. I know you are young, but you have such a heavy weight on your shoulders.

The others have heirs too. I shall not tell you outright who they are - we had agreed that none of us would. But I shall give you some clues.
One is your sworn enemy, from the day you were born. One is already among your group of friends, a young witch. One is much closer to home than you might think. And one is the least who you would expect, although one day you will be as close as brothers.

I wish you luck in all you aim to do, young Harry. Know that the five of us are watching you, from the heavens, and above. Remember, appearances can be deceiving, and you are not alone in your quest. Your parents are watching down on you, I know. They are ever so proud. And so are we.

Your ancestor, Rowena Ravenclaw'

Harry's hands were trembling by the end, and he could feel his Aunts arms hugging her close to him.

His mind was already working overdrive. The 'sworn enemy' was obvious - Voldemort being the heir of Slytherin. The 'young witch'.... Hermione? But she was muggle born! Then again, so was his mum. And what did she mean five? There was Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Who else? He looked up to his Aunt.

"Do you have any idea on any of these, Aunty?" Minerva smiled slowly. She said not a word, but led her ward down, out of the vault, walking to the next vault over. She placed her hand over the mould, the door materialising open.

"Welcome Harry, to the Gryffindor vault."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have one person and one person only to thank for this chapter. My handsome, amazing, wonderful perfect boyfriend. He's the best in the world! And he inspired me to write again, saying he loved the book and wanted me to continue. So this chapter is dedicated to him. A lyric from his favourite song;

"The Black Magic of Mullholland Drive,
Swimming pools under desert skies,
Drinking white wine in the blushing light,
Just another LA devotee."
                -LA Devotee, Panic! At The Disco