𝟮𝟳. 𝗥𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥

Start from the beginning

"Obviously me," Atsumu and Oikawa said synchronously. They both looked at each other with a confused expression and a raised eyebrow.

"You? I never heard of ya before," Atsumu scoffed.

"Oikawa Tooru. Setter of Seijoh," Oikawa sent him a glare.

"Ahhh now I know why I never heard of you before," Atsumu laughed. "Cause you never been to nationals have ya?"

"Why you little-"

"Tsumu, Oikawa-senpai, please," Y/N stopped them before they could piss each other off any further.

"I want to be a professional player," Hinata beamed and Y/N sighed in relief that he changed the mood of the room.

"Not until I do first," Tobio challenged. "I will become better than Hinata-boke."

"We'll see about that," Hinata sent him a competitive smile. "I've learned a lot! Especially from Kunimi!"

"From him?" Atsumu pointed at Kunimi in disbelief. "Please, what could you have learned from him?"

"I'm a good player too you know," Kunimi tried his best to stay calm.

"Player in what? Volleyball or girls?"

"Tsumu-"

"No, no, no," Atsumu shook his hand. "Tell me if this is correct. Y/N has been at the bottom of your feet for four years just for you to go out with some ratchet ass girl. And now that Y/N is thriving, you want her?"

 And now that Y/N is thriving, you want her?"

"It's not like that," Kunimi defended.

"But I'm correct on what happened, no?"

"Yes, but it's not like that," Kunimi argued. "I know that I made the mistake of not seeing what I had in front of me. Y/N was too good for me both back then and now! I owned up for the horrible things that I made her feel and promised that I would never take her for granted as I did!"

"Oh? And what am I suppose to do? Applaud ya?"

"Tsumu," Y/N glared at him.

"Y/N has so much potential and I won't let her throw it all away for some guy that doesn't even deserve her attention. Ya won't get in the way of Y/N's success, you understand? As long as I am here, I won't let ya."

"I know that I don't deserve her acknowledgment," Kunimi responded. "But-"

"But what?! You will try your best? Ya will make up for it? Please, it's all excuses," Atsumu interrupted him and stood up from his chair.

"I've never seen Kunimi put any effort as much as he is in trying to fix his mistake with Y/N in the past," Oikawa joined the argument. "He is genuine about regretting what he did. During these past three years, anyone who knew Kunimi saw how miserable he got when Y/N left."

"Oh, and that compensates what he did to her in the past?"

"Stop Tsumu," Y/N stood up. "I don't want any arguments please."

"Please calm down," Hinata unconsciously gripped onto Tobio which caught his mom's attention.

"I will dedicate myself to treat Y/N the best I could in order to repay her for all the times and things that she has done for me," Kunimi stood up in order to stay at the same eye level as Atsumu.

"Why? Why now?"

"Because I was fool-"

"That's an obvious understatement. But what's yer motive?"

"To reconcile my relationship with Y/N," Kunimi responded. "I don't plan to bring her down when she's obviously thriving. I won't ruin that if it worries you. I want the best for Y/N and don't plan to bring her down as you claim."

"If ya really want the best for her then leave," Atsumu glared. "All you are is a disturbance."

"Kunimi don't-"

"Y/N," Kunimi stops her. "Atsumu is correct. There nothing that I could offer you to become even better. You deserve better, better than me. I apologize for everything I've done, I'm happy that we were able to get on good terms, even though it wasn't well deserved. I should be leaving before I cause any more damage. Thank you for giving me chance to make up for what I did."

"Kunimi please-" Atsumu grabbed Y/N's arm to avoid her from following Kunimi who currently sped out of the house.

"I should go check on him," Oikawa stood up. "But before I go, I want to let you know that Kunimi does care and love Y/N. Even before he knew that Y/N completely changed. Everyone makes mistakes and Kunimi puts the effort to make up for it. Thank you for the meal."

"I'm glad that they left-"

"Tsumu," Y/N stopped him. "Why would you say that?"

"I'm looking out for ya Y/N," Atsumu furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know that there was a good intention of protecting me behind your words, but if I was able to forgive Kunimi, it was for a good reason. Which is why I wanted you to meet him, so you could see how he's changed."

"But what he did in the past-"

"I know what he did," Y/N grabbed a jacket before opening the door. "But if I was able to let it go then you should have respected that. I need to clear up my mind." She walked out and Atsumu knew that he might have gone a bit overboard with the situation. He let a groan before running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Wow," Osamu finished his fifth onigiri. "This was all sudden."

"Shut up," Atsmu sighed.

"If ya knew Y/N forgave him then that should have been enough 'Tsumu."

"I couldn't let it go 'Samu," Atsumu argued.

"But she did. I'll go talk to her," he patted his brother's back before going after Y/N.

"I should get going, this is obviously not a great time," Hinata rubbed his nape.

"Please stay," Tobio's mother said. "There's something that we need to talk about."

~[ AUTHOR'S NOTE ]~

~[ AUTHOR'S NOTE ]~

i needed to catch my breath when writing this cause of how heated it was getting

anyways, what are your thoughts so far cause i personally want to know what you think about this situation