<3 Happy Valentine's Day<3

Chan had it all planned out. He was going to make Valentine's Day the best day of y/n's life. He had ordered the beautiful bouquet of flowers to arrive, making sure that they were a delightful mix of reds and whites that would smell wonderful and look pretty in the vase that currently held some wilted roses from New Year. 

He had bought a teddy from the nearby shop, one that held a heart between its arms and smiled adorably, his fluffy fur slightly covering his dark plastic eyes. He had also bought a box of chocolates while he was there, checking through each of the different types in the box, making sure there were none that y/n disliked.

Chan had gone to the effort of collecting his and y/n's memories, their favourite photos from different points in their relationship: their pictures from the days when they hadn't admitted their feelings to each other, awkwardly placed hands and smiles when they had still been only friends; their first official date at a theme park, y/n holding candy floss and smiling, her blush almost as pink as the food in front of her face, and Chan's hand around her shoulder, smiling happily; other outings they had together- at the beach, bowling, at the arcade, at home, just in the middle of town, anywhere and everywhere. 

All these pictures he had printed off and stuck into a scrapbook, stealing y/n's glitter and washi tape stash to spice up the pages a bit more. He had spilt some glitter on the carpet at one point, which he immediately hoovered up, fearing he would forget to do it if not now and have evidence on the floor. The washi tape wouldn't stick properly for some reason, which tested Chan's patience a little more than he would like to admit. After a little while of head-scratching, he realised he could just stick the washi tape down with glue like he had been doing with the photos.

Chan had also bought that one classic romance film y/n had always begged Chan to watch with her, a handsome actor from the 1950s standing in front of an old motorbike in a leather jacket, a girl on his arm, grinning at the camera in her lipstick- it could be red but the picture is black and white so it is uncertain. 

Added to the already large pile of thoughtful gifts that Chan planned to give y/n, he had bought a beautiful ring, something he had spotted while he had been wandering around town and seen in the jewellers. It had pale pink semi-precious stones around the band, the silver of the ring making the pink stand out beautifully. It was simple and elegant, something that had instantly attracted Chan's attention. It had been a little over budget, but Chan didn't mind, for y/n, it didn't matter if he couldn't buy that shirt he wanted for a little while longer.

The final two gifts were carefully planned and Chan was most nervous about the outcome of these two. The first thing was that he had bought the ingredients for y/n's favourite cake. Chan didn't have a lot of experience with baking and had only baked a few simple recipes by himself before. It was ambitious, but Chan was set on baking this for her. He wanted to show his love, and he had a lot of love for y/n, so everything had to be perfect for her.

The last gift had been in the works for a few months now. He had started writing drafts for a song back in early December, giving himself plenty of time to get the writing perfect. He wanted his rhymes to be good, have the song be sappy and romantic but not too cringy and to show off his vocabulary and metaphors to impress y/n. He couldn't wait to see y/n's face when he sang to her next Sunday. He had dreamt of her surprise and affection as he sings to her, her hands in his and their eyes locked together, the electricity in the room almost audible.

The only thing that scared Chan was if y/n was not impressed by it and she didn't like it. If she thought that the melody was irritating or he was being too overconfident about his singing and writing abilities. Maybe she would think he was a sucker, spending so much time and effort into something like this. Maybe Chan's voice would waver or crack and he would spoil the mood, what if he fumbles over the words or blanks completely? So many thoughts had raced through Chan's mind, but he was set on this, after spending so long on it for her.