I head downstairs, and go straight for the shower. I make quick work of washing up, and end up putting on more lotion. I get dressed with schemes in mind. I opt for a blue plaid high waist skirt and a white high neck crop top, no bra, no underwear. Then, just for the kill, a little bit of perfume.

I nearly text Clay a picture, just to be annoying, but figure he'll see it whenever he's done. No worries. I'll get him.

I go back to the living room, spotting Patches on the couch and scoop her up, laying down with her on my chest. I quickly open discord, accepting Sapnap and George's requests and shoot off a 'hi! 👋' to both while idly petting her.

To my surprise, George immediately replies.

'hey!' 3:27 pm
'sorry about all of that' 3:27 pm

I shrug, deciding I might as well text back.

'it's my b' 3:27 pm
'i didn't know he'd be such a pissbaby abt it' 3:27 pm
'thanjs for backing me up tho, he did eventually speak his truths' 3:28 pm
'thanks*' 3:28pm

I'm surprised how quick he responds.

'lmao' 3:28 pm
'so how did you two meet' 3:28 pm

I hesitate for just a second. I'm not sure if I should tell him.

'aren't you busy rn?' 3:29 pm
'like literally when i walked out you guys were recording' 3:29 pm

'ya but im not passing up a chance to get some dirt to harass dreamy with' 3:29 pm

I decide it's innocent enough of information.

'um... it's not an interesting story sorrt' 3:29 pm
'sorry* :p' 3:29 pm
'we actually met when we were like... kids' 3:29 pm
'we rode the bus together and shared the same bus stop and shit' 3:29 pm
'lame ik' 3:29 pm

'n o way' 3:29 pm
'i see why he was acting so weird now' 3:30 pm

I knit my brows. What does that even... mean.

'what' 3:30 pm

'dont tell them what we were talking about' 3:30pm

My phone chimes with two notifications immediately.

Daddy Dream
New Message
'Stop.' 3:30 pm

Sapnap
New Message
'TELL ME WHAT YOU TOLD GEORGE' 3:30 pm

Then, I hear shouting and banging. I snort a laugh and lock my phone, ignoring all of them. I'm a bit at a loss for why George's mood switched up. But, I'll just ask him some other time when they aren't busy, and I have less of a chance of getting caught.

I turn my attention back to Patches, scratching her chin as her eyes shut and a small purr relaxes us both. Despite sleeping a solid... 8 hours... I could go for a cat nap.

"We don't need Clay. He's lame." I say to Patches, lifting both hands to scratch her cheeks, and she purrs harder.

"It's just me and you miss thing." I say, then sigh, letting my eyes close again, a stupid smile spread on my face.

***

I wake up, ravenous and catless. I check my phone, seeing a couple missed texts that I ignore in favor of swinging to my feet and wandering toward Clay's kitchen like a zombie. I've decided I want to cook us a dinner, like a real dinner.

I look through all of Clay's cupboards and his fridge... and find... almost nothing of any real cookable substance. I groan, rolling my eyes, and stand in his kitchen, pulling out my phone.

I immediately go to my messages with Clay.

Daddy Dream
6 New Messages

'what did you say to them?' 3:45 pm
'reply or im coming down to find out' 3:57 pm
1 Attachment 4:11 pm
'new lockscreen' 4:12 pm
'i like the blue, tho its gonna look even better on the floor tn' 4:12 pm
'also how tf do u sleep this much' 4:13 pm