"I'd love to be friends. Ask Dream for my discord and we can definitely message sometime—" I say, glancing at Clay to see him already glaring.

I lean close to the mic and let my voice go breathy. "—Daddy."

Clay immediately sets his face and shakes his head. He leans forward to his mic. "I'll be back." He says, low, in a way that makes my stomach clench.

Oop—

Maybe that was too far.

Still... 'Tell them we're just friends'... ugh.

I briefly hear shouting from his headphones, then he taps his keyboard, I assume either hanging up or muting the call. Then suddenly, we're up.

I yelp, clinging to Clay's shoulders as he marches us directly to his bed, and tosses me onto the mattress like it's nothing. I exhale as I land on the bed with a thump. I look up, seeing his tented lap, and start to immediately laugh.

"What was all of that?" Clay asks, obviously irritated.

I steady myself by breathing. "Oh just a couple of guys being dudes. Pals being bros." I stare at him with lifted brows. "Friends being friends."

He glares harder. The point I'm making is valid, even if I do feel guilty for making it like this. I keep talking, just so I don't immediately forfeit.

"They seem like very nice boys. I can't believe you never introduced us before."

"This. This is exactly why I didn't." Clay says, looking only more annoyed.

"You don't want me to be friends with them, Clay?" I ask, then roll onto my back to stretch out.

My shirt must ride up without me noticing, because suddenly Clay's eyes flicker off of my face and down, his expression briefly softening. He collects himself and gets back to glaring.

"That's not— of course I want you to be friends—" he starts.

I tilt my head, interrupting. "Oh? You mean the way me and you are?" I ask, voice falsely sweet.

Clay glares at me, jaw ticking. I feel my lips twitch, and he blinks as eyes catch on it, expression melting into neutrality.

"You're messing with me." He says, then leans over me and plants a hand on my thigh, slowly sliding it up until it catches on my shirt and starts to drag that up with it, until he reaches my hip. I nod, body warming.

My breath hitches as we silently lean into eachother's space. I feel his breath as he speaks again. "All of that... was just to piss me off." He says, finally catching on.

I swallow, suddenly very nervous. "Yeah. What're you gonna do about it?" I manage to ask, blinking up at him.

Clay leans in until our lips are nearly touching, breath shared. I start to melt, feeling breathless. Then suddenly, he's off of me. I watch his back in silence as he walks back to his chair and flops down, immediately putting his headset on.

I hear the tap of his keyboard, then. "Sorry 'bout that. I'm back." A couple more clicks. "Also yeah, you guys were right, me and her are actually talking, so if I give you her discord you have to behave."

I melt into a smile and warm. I guess my tactics worked out in the end. I hear typing, then my phone dings with two friend requests. I'll have to employ them as backup more often.

"I'll tell you about it later. Now, can we please get back to the fucking video." Clay bites out.

Still smiling like an idiot, I gingerly lift myself out of bed. I pad up behind Clay, and wrap my arms around his shoulders, then lean over to press a kiss to his cheek, the 'thank you' implicit. We meet eyes for a moment, all softness and silent apologies, then I break away, slipping out of his room so he can record in peace.