I eye him in disbelief.

"What? It was like one of those things where it's like haha funny but if you did I would. You've had those, right?" He says.

I blink at him. "Yeah I have. I call them crushes." I say.

Clay makes an exasperated noise. "Okay but like, if you didn't like me back wouldn't it be weird for me to have liked you that whole time?" He asks.

I raise my brows. "You mean the way I thought I did?" I ask.

I like him very much but... he's doing an amazing job of digging his grave.

"No. Not like that. It's different if it was me at you instead of you at me." He says, groaning.

"Why?" I ask, pulling back.

"Because— it— the power dynamic!" Clay nearly yells.

Oh, I guess that does make sense. Clay's... 6'3" and wiry... I'm soft and... definitely shorter than that. There's nothing I could force him to do that he didn't want. Still, hearing how frustrated he's getting, I want to push him.

"Wow..." I say, shaking my head and pulling back. "So you've thought about how you could over-power me?"

Clay makes a noise of desperation, holding onto my waist. "No that's not—" He starts again.

I fight off my smile and interrupt him. "How often do you think about it?" I ask voice low, "That I'm just a weak little woman and you're a big strong man." I say. I can't fight off my smile anymore.

Clay rolls his eyes. "Fuck off." He says, sighing in relief as he realizes I'm just messing with him. "You really had me thinking that— ugh." Still, he smiles.

"Thinking what? About pinning my weak, frail, fragile, feminine arms?" I say, continuing the bit with a grin.

Clay turns toward me, rolling his tongue in his mouth. "Yes." Is all he says, before he grabs me and flips me onto my back, pinning both of my arms above my head with one hand.

I exhale, breath hitching, still grinning. I didn't expect this reaction. His hand snakes up my thigh under my dress, and he stares down at me heatedly. I start to reconsider my sex embargo for only a moment, before his hand shifts a little higher and starts to dust across my skin. He knows I'm ticklish.

"Clay please no—" I start, gritting my teeth as his hand moves expertly, tickling my stomach.

I writhe under him, kicking, shouting, and laughing as he keeps me completely pinned, torturing me.

"Clay—"

"CLAY—"

"CLAY—"

He finally stops, cackling as he drops to my side. My sides hurt from shouting and laughing, and from fighting back.

"I'm never fucking you again after that." I say, pouting, but still roll over to bury my head in his chest. "In fact I take back everything I ever said. You're ugly and I hate you."

Clay laughs. "I'm sorry. Stop fussing."

I puff my lip out but listen, closing my eyes and relaxing in his arms. I quickly bliss out, and accidentally fall asleep before I even notice.

***

I wake up with a start, and see it's daylight out.

Shit.

I passed out and wasted my last night with Clay before I have to head back to school. I pull my phone out and check the time. It's 9 am again. I really have to get up and go.