"Wormtail, you must know that I'll be handsome either way. I'm the infamous James Potter." he boasted at the three lads. They all just snorted at his cocky response.

"Prongs, sorry to break it to you dear. I'm the most attractive out of the group." he flashed a smile and a wink to everyone in the dorm.

"Hah." James chuckled loudly. "You wish, Padfoot."

Sirius glared at him. Peter was biting his lip to contain his laughter as Remus slapped both of them in the back of their head.

"Let's admit it. I'm the most attractive to the ladies here." Remus sported a big grin. Everyone started laughing as Moony was being cocky for once.

Peter was trying to think of something to say. He remembered what he saw later that day and smirked while rubbing his hands.

"Marauders," he spoke loudly to settle down the chaotic noise. The rest of the boys shut up and looked over to Peter who was knowingly sitting there drinking water.

"Guess what I saw earlier today." he gushed with excitement.

"What did you see Peter?" Sirius asked with his eyebrows raised. Peter opened his mouth to speak again.

"I saw Parten hanging out with a Slytherin." he chimed and closed his mouth immediately after he saw the expression coming from Sirius.

"A Slytherin?" objected James from the floor. His expression was blank as he stared at Peter.

"Yes," he reassured. The Marauders all looked over at Sirius who was smiling sinisterly.

"Enlighten me." he rasped with a deep voice. Peter gulped at his tone but still proceeded to speak.

"I believe she said his name was—" he paused briefly trying to remember the name. "Leonardo Nott."

"The pureblood?!" James asked surprised. He would've never suspected that Siobhán Parten would hang out with a Slytherin who was prejudiced. He shook his head and clenched his jaw.

"The very one." blurted out Peter.

Sirius stood up and opened the door to the dormitory. He fumed out of anger and he strutted out the door while closing it with a slam.

"Where in Merlin's name is he going?" whispered Remus while looking at the door. James shrugged his shoulders and turned back to Peter.

"Why in the world would she be hanging out with a Slytherin?" he huffed. Crossing his arms, Peter just gave him a questionable look.

"They looked like they were having fun," he informed. James furrowed his eyebrows at the statement.

"Slytherins, out of every house it had to be Slytherin," James uttered. Remus was done with the way he was saying the word Slytherin so he spoke up.

"What's with you against Slytherins?" he questioned. James gave a confused expression before standing up.

"Everyone from that house turns evil." he objected. Remus clenched his jaw at the tone of his voice.

"Not everyone in that house does," he stated lowly. James scoffed at the way he was defending the Slytherins.

"The lot of them are just as bad as can be." he insisted while rolling up his sleeves. Remus stood up and put his book to the side.

"Why are you so interested in Parten's affairs?!" he fumed through his teeth. James tilted his head and laughed.

"Why are you defending them?" he remarked. They both looked into each other's eyes. The tension was thick and full of anger. All Peter wanted to do was hide from them. Any moment they would start throwing fists at each other.

"Is there a reason to not defend them?" he growled. James stifled a laugh and smirked.

"Moony, how clueless can you be?" James bellowed at him. Remus didn't want to go to desperate measures, but it seemed like he had to.

"Your house prejudice is extremely unattractive, you know that?"

Peter was biting down on his lip. The suspense was killing him as their fists were clenched. At any moment they would break into a brawl that couldn't be stopped.

The aura around them seemed red. Everything was practically going into shambles now that they were arguing.

"Thank you for informing me," James stated. The two of them had enough of each other's statements. Both wanted to just stop talking and fight like civilized men.

"It wasn't a compliment at all."

James snapped and threw the first punch at Remus who winced slightly as he held his cheek. He tilted his head and threw a punch on James. His lip became busted and blood started appearing through the skin. The two kept throwing punches at each other. Bruises started forming on their faces, and Remus was on his last straw.

A yellow-gold glint appeared in his eyes as his smile became sinister. Peter was hiding behind his blanket until he saw the glint in his eyes. James halted and fear started pooling in the bottom of his stomach.

"Moony." he faltered. Remus's eyes flashed between brown and gold. Remus John Lupin was about to lash out at James Fleamont Potter. Peter ran towards Moony and held him back. He whispered reassuring words while trying to calm him down.

"Moony, this isn't you," he whispered. Remus stopped struggling and fell to his knees as he knew what the rest of them just saw.

"Forgive me." he buried his face in his hands. Muffled cries could be heard coming from him as Peter soothed him.

James looked at him with guilt. He regretted everything he had said about the Slytherins and got on his knees as well.

"No. Forgive me Remus." he licked his lips. "I was in the wrong and shouldn't have provoked your anger."

Remus glanced at him before throwing his arms around him. They hugged tightly as Peter looked at the pair with sympathy.

"Never provoke me again," Remus said through sniffs. James smiled softly while nodding.

"You lot almost gave me a heart attack." Peter had his hand clutched onto his shirt. His eyes were still widened at the thought of what could've happened.

"We're sorry." James chimed at him. Peter rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Very well." he dusted off his clothes. "Let's just pretend as nothing happened here."

"Agreed."

Remus stood up and sat on his bed. He rubbed his face and glanced at James who was staring at the ground blankly.

"Why were you concerned about Parten hanging out with Nott?" he abruptly asked. James slowly looked up at him and huffed out a sigh.

"Just the thought of Gryffindors hanging out with Slytherins gets me riled up." he quickly reassured them. Remus looked at Peter knowingly. Peter nodded at him with a short smile.

"Why are you two grinning at each other?" he observed the two. They quickly stopped smiling and pretended like they weren't.

"Oh, we just remembered a funny joke." Peter lied while grabbing a book.

"Ok..." James looked at them strangely and laid back on his bed.

The rest of the night was spent with the Marauders gossiping about things and joking around. Yet, James was lost in his thoughts as to why he got so riled up earlier that day.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N

This was kinda messy and super bad, but I had to make some fillers for the plot to expand. This certainly wasn't that well but I wanted to make a marauder's dedicated chapter. So, there we go. More chapters soon. Also, double update!