Chapter Seven | Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"That we are." Lucius said. All though Athena had been the first to say it, she felt slightly hurt by his words. 'friend' Athena knew that they weren't in a relationship and had only met that week, but they already had done things that normal friends don't do. Draco nodded and looked at her purple wrist, and frowned slightly. Athena took notice of where Draco's eyes had been she broke the silence.

"Draco, I cant thank you enough for what you did back at my shop," she began. Draco had a proud but small smile on his face. "If you hadn't helped me Merlin knows what would've happened." she said trying to push the terrible thought out of her head.

"You don't need to thank me Athena, it was the right thing to do." he said. Suddenly Jinky ran towards the trio and bowed upon Lucius and Draco.

"Masters!" She squeaked, "Jinky would like to know when you want dinner!" Draco looked up at Lucius and then to Athena, with a I don't really know or care but i'm hungry type of look.

"Are you hungry Athena?" Lucius asked.

"Yes i'm a bit hungry, but whenever you guys want dinner is fine by me." she said kindly.

"Very well. Jinky, start cooking." he ordered.

"Yes master! Jinky would love to!" the small elf beamed.

After Jinky had left, Lucius put a hand on Draco's shoulder and gave it a small squeeze, like a silent 'I love you'. Draco smiled and then stepped away from the two and towards the stairs.

"I'll be in my room until dinner is ready Father." he stated and then proceeded to go upstairs. Athena waved with a smile and then looked back to Lucius.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he gently grabbed her wrist examining the bruise.

"Decent, my wrist is hurting but my head has stopped pounding." she sighed. Lucius nodded as he gently brushed his fingers across her wrist, causing  her to wince in pain from the sensitivity.

"Lucius,"

"Yes Athena?" he asked looking down at her.

"I don't know how long i'll be able to stay here," she frowned, "I have to work to afford my home, being away from that could slip up my finances." she spoke. Lucius let out a low chuckle, to which Athena knitted her brows in confusion.

"I don't see what's funny about this Lucius." she said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Lucius' lip curled as he tried to hide a smile.

"Forgive me love, it's just, have you forgotten who I am?" he questioned. Athena remained silent. "I will pay for anything you need." he assured. Athena blinked a few times before shaking her head.

"No no, Lucius I wo-" Lucius put his finger on her mouth pressing her lips shut.

"Quiet. I will pay for anything you need, I have more than enough and i'd love to help you." he said letting his hand down from her face.

"A-are you sure?" she asked feeling a bit guilty.

"Of course I am." he nodded. Athena smiled a little and opened her arms, taking another step toward him and hugging him. Lucius hugged her back with a smile growing on his face when suddenly a loud crack was heard, making Lucius jump and pull away from Athena.

The young witches eyes widened when they fell upon Narcissa, standing in the middle of the room, and if looks could kill, Athena would be long gone.

"Who's this, Lucius?" she hissed, tilting her head to the side and looking Athena up and down. The man took a step back from Athena and cleared his throat quietly.