chapter one. ♕︎

Start from the beginning

It's ridiculous that both Heiryung and her mother were to have a separate car from Ashley, Victor and the others. Heiryung asked once about this and Cho-hee just stated it's to keep their image clean, turning back, Heiryung can just roll her eyes and say her mother is being childish and it's not like it will ruin their image but young Heiryung is smart enough to not always say anything she wants.

"We have arrived Madame Cho-hee and Mademoiselle Heiryung" said Curtis, his foreign accent easily noticed as he talks.

Heiryung let out a quick thank you before opening the door herself, not waiting for Victor to open it as she immediately ran inside her house.

"Heiryung!" Exclaimed out her mother in a scolding tone from behind.

Heiryung decided to ignore her as she went towards her father and older twin brother. Immediately tackling them into a hug, the cloak around her shoulders slipping off as she did so making Haneul catch it on time before it falls to the ground.

"Miss you too" said Haneul with a big smile.

Their father was the one to first break the hug, chuckling while he kissed Heiryung's forehead.

"Look at you, all grown up" said Yeon-jin with a smile.

Just as Heiryung was about to talk to her dad, Cho-hee walked pass them, opening the door. Heiryung decided to follow her mother inside, giving her father and brother quick pecks on the cheek before she did so.

 Heiryung decided to follow her mother inside, giving her father and brother quick pecks on the cheek before she did so

Heiryung went to have a quick nap, too tired to catch up with her brother and father as the flight was too long. Just as she was having a well rested nap, A maid knocked on her room saying that she and her family are gonna have a family dinner.

─After taking a shower and changing into a more comfortable attire as she didn't change when she went for a nap, just taking off her heels and plopping down to bed, Haneul went to her bedroom and sat in the couch while Heiryung was laying down on her bed, staring at her ceiling.

"So how are you settling in, Hera?" Asked her older brother, his english accent slipping when he said her nickname, although many do call her Hera in the states as most of them have a hard time pronouncing her Korean name, and it's her english name anyway so she got used to it.

"Uhm I literally just took a nap but I'm settling in well" said Heiryung, moving to the side so she faces her brother. "You know this place should've brought comfort to me seeing as it's where I grew up, but it's been years so it doesn't feel like comfort anymore".

Haneul frowned at the bitter tone of his sister. "Mother hasn't been treating you well has she?"

"That obvious?" Questioned Heiryung, her tone laced with sarcasm as she then decided to sit up."You know how she is, she ranks high with Soojin's father when it comes to a plus parenting".

Mentioning Soojin, a childhood friend of theirs Haneul suddenly stood up and walked up to his sister to give her something Heiryung noticed as a bag. Heiryung looked at him confused but Haneul just mentioned for her to open it.

As Heiryung opened it, she looked in disgust as she realized the bag contained a school uniform. Haneul bit back a laugh after noticing the look at his sister's face.

"Myeong was gonna put it in your closet but I decided to be shall I say 'extra' and said to her I'll put it in a bag first to surprise you" explained Haneul.

"If this is your definition of surprises then I won't be looking forward to your other surprises" said Heiryung, placing the bag down in her bed.

"I'm not done yet" said Haneul, looking as if he was offended."The surprise was supposed to be that you are going to saebom high with me! Soojin and Suho are there, I haven't heard from Seojun in a while though but he attends there!".

"Aren't Suho and Seojun on bad terms after the events?" Questioned Heiryung, looking solemn as she remembered what Haneul told her.

"Yeah, I didn't know what side to take but Seojun's really pissed at Suho" answered Haneul, looking as solemn if not more than Heiryung."I don't blame Suho for what happened but Seojun does".

"I don't really know this Seojun friend of yours but I can understand why he's angry, although I won't push it pass him calling Suho a murderer" said Heiryung.

"Haneul, Heiryung dinner is served your parents are waiting"

Haneul and Heiryung were a bit startled as a maid knocked and informed them of their family dinner. Heiryung saw that Haneul was gonna say something else but didn't continue on with it.

Both of the twins then left the room and proceeded to go to the dining room to dine with their parents.

Author's note

I am so so sorry it's been so long since I actually updated the book. I've lost inspiration and so I didn't bother the book but I still have hopes for the book so I kept it published till I actually do have inspiration.

With that being said, I hope you guys enjoyed the long awaited chapter!