"Seriously?" asked Alex lifting her head up from her food with a smile. She was happy for Miguel; he'd been pinning after Sam since the beginning, so it was nice to finally see some progress. Her stomach twisted a bit, though, and she brushed it off as worry that Sam would break Miguel's heart. Miguel was a nice guy who deserved a loyal girl. As much as Alex loved Sam, she wasn't sure that Sam was always completely loyal. "That's great!"

"Thanks, I plan on- holy shit what happened to your face?" he asked, leaning forward in his seat to get a better look at the bruise. Alex yanked down the sleeves on her hoodie over her hands and used them to help cover her face.

"Oh, just me being clumsy, y'know. I fell at the dealership," she answered, Noah and Hawk shaking their heads.

"Lies," Noah told Miguel, "It was Mya."

"Really?" asked Miguel, his eyes wide as he searched the cafeteria for the bully. She was sitting with Yasmine and Moon, no surprise, chatting away about something. She paused, however, and looked over at Miguel; as if she had sensed that he was staring, and winked. The boy only glared harder as she smirked. Turning back to the table, his face had turned a light shade of red in anger. "Please tell me that someone kicked her ass for that."

"I was going to, but Alex stopped me and dragged to me class," spoke Hawk, sending a pointed look at Alex. Alex huffed, feeling like she was being gained up against by three of her favorite people. She was glad Casey had a different lunch period, because heaven knows that she'd agree with the boys.

"You're kidding, right?" asked Miguel, his eyes narrowing in concern. "You just let her beat the crap out of you?"

"Miguel, it's fine," she told him calmly, opening her juice box. Rubbing subconsciously at her side, she smiled unconvincingly. "I'm fine. I've had worse, y'know."

"You mean, she's done worse," muttered Hawk as he picked at his tray. Noah, who had been mostly quiet up until this point, looked up from his food.

"You mean this isn't the first time that Mya's actually hurt you? I thought she just spread the rumors," voiced Miguel, giving a worried look to Alex. After everything she went through with her dad, how was she still silently dealing with abuse?

"It's fine, she doesn't do it often," defended Alex. Alex knew almost everything about Mya and Mya knew everything about Alex- so she couldn't help but understand her. If hurting Alex was her way of coping with her family, then Alex was okay with it.

"Yeah?" asked Hawk, "So that's not how you got that bruise on your wrist? Or those scrape marks?"

Alex immediately looked down at her wrist, which was still purple from Mya grabbing it. There were dark colored scrapes on it, too, from the stupid acrylic nails. Apparently Alex had doubted how much her friends paid attention to her.

"I mean, that's different-," she started, but soon realized she had no proof to back up that statement. "Can we please just drop this?"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Oh, hey, Robby," Alex grinned as she clipped away at the bonsai trees. It was odd to see Daniel bring someone else in to help work on them, but it seemed like he had taken a liking to Robby. The boy gave a quick grin before sitting down beside her.