she's perfect

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

I stared at the embodiment of perfection.

And when it's what you see when you're already pissed off and had your day ruined, it becomes really irritating.

Actually, scratch that. It takes a while to get me in a bad mood. I just didn't like her at all.

Olivia Grace Arcane.

The first princess of the land of Meridia and unfortunately for me, my fiancée.

Our countries have had a long history of wars and we've been in our longest cold war. Our engagement was simply a political act to bring all conflicts to cease. An act to bring the two countries together and finally end the longtime war.

And no matter how archaic the measures used, it still works. Ever since the announcement of our engagement since last year, the diplomatic relations between our two countries have greatly improved.

Citizens of both countries have also applauded the efforts to end the ongoing conflicts and the international attention our engagement has garnered was tremendous too.

We were only 18 when our families announced our engagement and it's also been two years since I've personally met the girl I was supposed to marry.

And if I were to truly marry Olivia, somebody save me. The girl is a literal puppet.

If people insulted Olivia, they called her a puppet princess, which was true. Everything about her was impeccable, her etiquette, her manners, everything. You'd be lucky to find any mistakes or fault in her.

Although others may consider this as a good thing, only those who truly knew her that being perfect was her only default.

She only ever does things that she is told to do. A doll doing what she was born to do, that's who she was. In my opinion, she is nothing more than a political puppet. Thanks to her, the image of the Meridian royal family has been very positive.

Although there was only the two of us here, she didn't relax. Her posture was straight and perfect and she moved with the elegance that she's been trained with.

I watched as she carefully cut through the piece of meat and put it in her mouth, chewing it with the least of movements as possible. When she saw me observing her, her eyes widened ever so slightly and she put her cutleries down.

She pressed her lips into a small smile before wiping her lips. "Is there something wrong?"

You, I almost responded.

But I sighed and shook my head.

"No, nothing." I answered and fished for my phone out of my pocket.

Olivia and I had this scheduled time every month where we either eat dinner together or visit places. It was our parents' idea, of course.

From my peripheral vision, her eyes lingered on me for a few moments before she decided to continue with her meal.

My nerves were even more struck when I saw an article about Olivia.

"Princess Olivia spotted relaxing in Hexion Park"

The article contained many pictures of her simply sitting down a bench, a book in hand. The pictures seemed like they were taken secretly.

I scrolled past it when I received a message from my group of friends asking me how I was surviving my scheduled dinner with a princess.