"I'm the daughter of a hero." Akahana replied. "I lived in his castle."

"I came from a castle as well." Takahiro added. "I'm royalty."

"Two royals, eh?" Darby said. "Interesting. And what about you, little fox?" She turned to Ryota, who burped unceremoniously.

"Oh, I came from this small village." He explained. "Not a really fancy-schmancy, unlike these two." He jabbed his thumb at Takahiro and Akahana.

"I see," Darby raised a curious eyebrow. "Why did you three decide to leave and come here, then?"

"Well, it varies wildly between the three of us." Ryota remarked. "For me, it's mostly because my mother wanted me to before she...moved on." He lowered his eyes.

Darby made a sympathetic noise. "My condolences. But why did she ask that of you?"

Ryota shrugged. "She never gave a reason. I think she would've, but it was probably too hard for her to do so, since she had trouble breathing." He sagged slightly, and Takahiro patted his back. 

"Hm..." She looked to Takahiro. "And what of you, little peacock?" She asked.

At that, Takahiro's face flushed slightly as he stammered. "W-well, I had, uh, a little argument with my parents that lead to me um, leaving." He was nervous, and rightfully so. If he said that the reason why he came to the Svellands in the first place was because he wanted nothing more than to live out a pampered life at his father's estate, it would hurt that "good heart" that Asmund had vouched for.

"Why did you leave, hm?" Darby inquired further.

"Because he wanted to prove to his parents that he was worthy of becoming a hero!" Ryota cut in. "They were also heroes, and he wanted to prove that he could continue the legacy. Right?"

"Y-yes," Takahiro wiped the sweat off his brow. "That's exactly why."

Darby narrowed her eyes. "Is that so?" She asked, and Takahiro nodded. Akahana caught Stormfeather's questioning glance, but a look from Akahana that warned not to speak of it sent the message, and he nodded. "That's admirable. And how about you, Akahana? You said you came from a castle?"

Akahana nodded. "I did. My father was a hero, and ever since I was little, I've wanted to help people in the same way he did." She swallowed the last of her salmon. "It's been a dream of mine for a long time."

With a satisfied smile, Darby leaned backwards. "Interesting. It seems Asmund was right about you three having heart. You'll fit perfectly into our family. But firstly," She took their empty plates. "You'll need to clean yourselves. Come." She said, and the three followed her out of the kitchen and through the second hallway, which lead to two doors.

"Here are the washrooms." Darby explained. "The one on the left is reserved for the ladies, and the one on the right is for the men."

"Finally!" Takahiro clapped his hands excitedly. "A proper bath! You don't know how long I've been waiting for one! I must smell rancid!" Without another word, Takahiro flung the door to the men's washroom open and raced in. 

"Well, go on." Darby urged. "Being a Viking still means that you need proper hygiene. Also, there'll be new clothes for you to change into in there."

"I've been itching for a bath." Ryota stretched his arms as he entered, and Stormfeather followed after. That left Akahana, and she stepped through the door and into the washroom. Steam softly swirled around the room as she inspected her surroundings. Everything sparkled pristinely like crystals; the mirrors, the floor, the ceiling. Shower stalls lined the side of the room, and Akahana walked into one of them, parting the velvet curtains to enter it. She sighed with relief as she stripped down out of her cloak, which smelled quite musty and dank. The scent of sweat had practically leeched into her fur, and the odor was quite horrendous.

"Imagine what father would say." Akahana chuckled as she imagined the look on her father's face if he ever saw his daughter this filthy. Akahana reached for the handle, and tugged. Hot cleansing water splashed all over her, and drenched her in refreshing warmth. She sighed in content, and she extended her arms, letting every drop touch her body. She grabbed a bar of soap, and she scrubbed herself all over, bubbles forming and popping as water rinsed all over her.

After she had cleaned herself thoroughly, Akahana stepped out of the shower and dried herself with the towel. She reached for the clothes that lay on the counter, and slipped into them, the cloth fitting almost perfectly, save for the sleeves. Stepping outside, she almost bumped into Ryota, who was teetering on his feet as he roared with laughter. 

"Oh man," He wheezed, "You should've seen the look on your face!" He howled.

"Q-quiet!" Takahiro stuttered angrily, his face cherry red as he glared at Ryota. "You snuck up on me and I-"

"Screamed like a girl?" Ryota asked through tears of laughter.

"What happened?" Akahana whispered to Stormfeather, who watched the two with embarrassment as they continued bickering.

"The lads were playing footsies the entire time in the shower..." Stormfeather groaned. "Me ears heard everything..." He shook his head.

"Is everything alright in there?" Darby asked, peeking her head in. 

"Yep." Ryota snickered. "Everything's alright in here." He winked at Takahiro, who rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Good! The others are waiting to meet you!" She beckoned. "They're eager to meet their new comrades in arms!"