1 × Everything Unordinary

What is life? My head spun around, feeling the immense bad omen swirling all over where I stood

The field track was busy. Students in their sports fest uniform, preparing for the final contest between the three teams. A race that will determine who will break up the tie.

I never understood the exact meaning of life but funny thing though, it gives you a chance to breathe at the same time as trying to knock you down to the ground. Or maybe worse, to the depths of hell.

Murmurings crowded my ear. Patchy noises buzzed around as if they were flies. They wore their long dark coats like capes, strapped to their back, being gushed by the wind. I worked my brains, finding solutions to overcome the problem I've been faced with. But since all five of the ghosts were actually one and the same person, how could I ever beat two birds with one stone?

Correction: five birds with one stone?

The most irritating question I should have asked was how could I defeat someone who came from what's eventually to come?

It was a tough part of my life. One that had been with me since the day I first breathed in this world and had a collision with an unjustified mystery. For some reason, I've often wondered that all of this might be worthless. Till someone had spilled the beans, and to think that someone was also me.

Me. From the future. In another timeline. Another world to be exact. The concept of everything people deemed to be fictional was my reality. Thus far I've encountered time traveling, parallel universes, paranormal entities, and countless mishaps for the whole fourteen years of my profound existence.

What was next? If it would be in exact words, something far more worse. It would be idea that would possibly break my soul into pieces if ever I failed to ignore.

I shrugged the cold thought away that replaced the warmth of the sun to chillness in my bones. Creeping and plucking the serenity within my limbs.

The dreadful disturbance above all of it was that the ones from the unfolding time had died and had come back to the past to haunt their younger self.

If someone out there was ever thinking about switching lives with me, my entire world was catastrophic and I'd rather not recommend doing such a thing.

My life had not quite been ordinary as everyone must've thought. Complication was my second name. Nobody really knew me well.

Certainly, not my best friends who had been looking at me like I was some sort of an idiot. I tried to block out my senses, forcing myself to smile and keeping my appearance up. Seeing the faces of the ghosts look exactly like mine didn't exactly help, annoying me more than I should've been.

My lips twitched to scream my lungs out at the invisible forces. On the other hand, the living people would note down that I was crazy. Guess, it was another win for them.