Chapter 1 (Unavoidable Proposal)

The room was quiet and the atmosphere was heavy. The only sound you could hear was the faint sound of breathing. Then finally someone gave up in this little game of silence.

"Your highness she's just a lowly commoner!"

The room turned upside down and everyone was making harsh statements toward me. It was as if I was a mouse stuck in a cage with multiple predators... The Emperor stood quietly waiting for my response. His gaze was cold, but with a little aspect of light as he anticipated what my decision was. Before I already told myself that I would accept, but why am I hesitating? Why now in front of the Emperor?

He must have been impatient because he angrily said, "I'll give you ten seconds."

"Ten.."

I couldn't accept it, If I do I'll surely lose my life. Say no Demi, say no!

"Seven.."

But if I refuse my family will die...

"Four.."

Am I selfish...is my own life more precious than that of the own people who raised me.

"Two.."

I clutched onto my dress trembling and sweating and stuttered the words, "I accept!"

Emperor looked down at me as a smirk grew across his face seeming very pleased.

"Very well then from here on now you will become my adopted daughter."

I felt as if I could faint at any moment. Advisors and nobles strongly opposed the decision but it was made by the Emperor. No one could go against his words. He could have half the empire executed and no one can pursue him. He was the definition of a "Tyrant". And this Tyrant will be the reason I'll die.

~Two days later~

In my new room, I lay on the bed deep in thought. This wasn't my original body nor my actual world. I had reincarnated into the adoptive princess from a novel I read in my past life. Demi Nyke, who is murdered at the age of ten and abused for the four years she was adopted. She was just a side character whose sole purpose was her funeral, which created the first encounter between the crown prince and the female lead, the protagonist.

I gritted my teeth...I just made the same mistake the original Demi did, accepting the Emperor's proposal. By becoming his daughter the people who took in Demi, or as she calls them her "Family" would be cared for and live a carefree life. I couldn't believe how the author could kill her off like that! A sweet little girl who didn't even get justice for her murder.

If only I had tried harder to prevent the Emperor from noticing me.

————————————————————————
I walked out of the store holding a bag of newly brought fruits when I stumbled upon a tall man. I covered my nose in pain with my free arm, "Sorry mister... I didn't see you there."
I wasn't lying because I really didn't see him, the bag covered up most of my sight due to how large it was. The body of a six-year was extremely hard to manage. Sometimes I would find myself tripping over literal 'air'.

I felt the wind swift and looked upward, two armed knights pointed their swords directly at me.

"How dare you come into contact with His Majesty! A mere commoner shouldn't even be near!"

The tall man behind them held out his hand, signaling them to stand down. I looked carefully at the man...he looked exactly like the description of Emperor Noah from the novel. I lowered my head, bowing in immediate surprise, "Y-YOUR MAJESTY MY DEEPEST APOLOGIZES!" Red sharp eyes that could kill in an instant and white hair, soft and fluffy like clouds. He had beautiful pale skin, and he wore a red and golden cape along with his black tidy suit that held many medals.