Chapter 15

Author's Note:
This chapter's basically just an argument between Richelle and Noah, but I really like it, so I hope you do too. Sorry about the cliffhanger.

Richelle's Perspective:

I didn't know what to feel right now. I was really hurt, and sad. Noah just tried to take me of if the duet. Without even talking to me first. What happened to being best friends? And telling each other about everything?

I didn't know that Noah liked Jacquie either. And to be honest, I was really, really not happy about it. We've known each other longer, we were best friends, and then he went and tried to replace me with her?

Forget being jealous of her because of Noah. Now I would have to be jealous of her in dance too? Dance was always the one thing that I always thought that I would have, and it was almost taken away from me just now.

I should've never held back with my emotions. I should've never even had emotions to old back. What had this situation with Noah done to me?

I ran to the locker room and opened my locker, then slammed it closed because I didn't want it open. I could hear Noah following me, but I didn't care. I turned around ready to give him a piece of my mind.

"How could you try to take me off the duet, Noah?"

"You weren't showing any emotion. We would never win with that routine, at least, the way that it was performed." He said coldly.

"I wasn't showing any emotion because I knew that if I did, you might break down my walls, and if I didn't keep my walks up, my pain would break me, Noah." I muttered, but I knew he could hear full well.

He was quiet for a moment, but I wasn't done. "And if you like Jacquie, Noah, go to her, and leave me alone already!"

"I don't like Jacquie. I would only ever take Jacquie as second place to you. I've liked you since forever, and you know that!"

I yelled back, "Won't you stop that! Can't you see that I can't like you back?"

He replies with a shout, matching my tone. "I know! You've told me a thousand times before! But can't you see that it torcheres me that as much not to be with you? To just be friends when I know we can be more? Don't you get that? Don't you care about my feelings at all?"

I take in what he said, and say my next piece much softer. "Of course I care, Noah. I care too much to drag you into my life. If we were connected like that, you automatically would be, and I can't do that to you." A small, single dear dropped down my cheek.

I saw that Noah was nearly crying too. "I'm already that much a part of your life, Richelle. Can't you see that I was ever since my first day at the studio? Can't you see that I live gig more that my own life, and that every time you push me away, it breaks my heart a little?"

Now I was really crying. "Noah, I love you too. I always have, okay? Know that. But we just can't..."

"Don't say that, Richelle. You always say that, and I'm sick of it. I'm going to show you that we can be.

"Noah, how can you? You can't convince me anymore, my mind's made up—"

And then he kissed me.