I was shocked, almost laughing at his abruptness and the nature of the question. I mumbled nervously, not knowing what to say. I would be lying if I said I didn't like Hyerin, but I barely knew her. If I had gotten to know her more, maybe. But it is a very minute maybe. 

"If it went that way... maybe. I'm not gonna try anything," I spoke honestly. 

"I wouldn't be mad," Sunghoon reassured with a smile, "You of all people deserve happiness." 

"Thanks, Hoonie."

***

I hopped into the office of our school building, trying to get used to the crutches. The plastic handles rubbed my skin the wrong way and my arms became tired easily. The nurses said it would get easier over time and I was still waiting for that. I groaned as I took another two minute break. Huffing, I stretched my arms out before gripping my crutches. 

Come on, Jay. The door is two inches away. 

I pulled the door open, trying not to wobble my crutches too much and heaved myself inside. I hopped another step in front and I had made it. I chuckled in relief and pride. 

"Mr. Park?" the office lady spoke from behind the desk. 

"Yes, that's me," 

"You don't have an assistant to help you with your bag and doors?" she pulled her glasses down and titled her head like library staff in the movies. 

"I didn't think I'd need one," I said embarrassingly, remembering the struggle I had with the door. 

"I've assigned you one so you don't have to struggle like that again,"

My face flushed red from the thought of her sitting there watching my play tug of war with a door for five minutes. 

"Also, the door is automatic. You just needed to press the button on the side," 

Right. 

I took a seat in the waiting area, no doubt stumbling over myself a few times. I only waited a few moments before the office doors opened again and a girl walked through. She was wearing our school uniform, but I hadn't seen her around before. That being said, I never really noticed others - take Amy for example.

Why did she seem familiar? 

"Eun Hyerin?"

"Thats me!" Hyerin replied, bowing to the office lady. 

"Here is your timetable and school ID. You should find your way quite easily. Mr Park will help you with that. Are you still alright to escort him?" 

"Of course," she smiled. 

"Great, he's waiting for you over there,"

My eyes widened, fixated on her figure that was now approaching me. Of all people in the school, Eun Hyerin. I tutted to myself. God really wants me to be around this girl, doesn't he? Well there was nothing I could do to argue now. I was quite literally stuck. 

"How are you feeling, Jongseong?" she spoke sweetly. She picked my backpack up from the floor and slung it over her shoulder without me asking. 

"Could be better," I said bluntly. I took a hold of my crutches again and pushed my body off the chair. Hyerin grabbed my right arm to support me, which helped but again - I didn't ask. Part of me was annoyed that she was involuntarily helping me. I wasn't a lost cause or someone to be pitied. I could do things on my own. 

"I hope you feel better soon," 

I hopped along to our first class, maths, whilst she trailed me with my stuff. I was welcomed with multiple greetings, questions and some weird looks from my classmates. Despite that, all I cared about were my two best boys who were jumping to see me again.

"PARK JONGSEONG!!!!!!!" 

A puppy eyed boy jumped out of his seat, rushing towards me. He threw his arms around me and hugged me so tightly I lost feeling in my arm. 

"We missed you so much!" 

"As you've said," I laughed at his reaction and greeted him happily. Sunghoon and I did our handshake before sitting down at our desk.

"Will you be okay sat here? Do you want me to ask the teacher if I can move nearer?" Hyerin placed my bag on the desk along with a bottle of water. I looked at it funny knowing that it wasn't mine, but she pushed it towards me anyways.

"No, I'm fine. Just go sit down," I replied trying to her her to stop fussing over me. Anymore and she'll start sounding like my mother. Hyerin took a seat at the front of the class, whilst Jake, Sunghoon and I took our usual seats at the back. 

Jake leant over from his desk and whispered to me. 

"Dude, why is Hyerin waiting on you like that?" 

"She's my babysitter," I joked rolling my eyes. I started taking notes from the board but then Sunghoon nudged my arm to get my attention. 

"Are you pissed?" 

"Why would I be?" 

"Cause she's involved again," 

"No, I don't mind. I just want to be able to do my own thing without the constant check up. I'm eighteen not eight," 

"Maybe she just cares," Sunghoon said before getting his head down into his work. I looked at him confused. What did he mean by that? 

"She cares?" 

He wrote to the end of his sentence before turning to me. 

"Yes, dummy. she's only instructed to open doors and carry your bag to class, is she not? She doesn't need to ask you if you're okay or get you water. She's just doing it because she cares about you - like any friend would," 

I thought about that for a second. He was right in a way. After our trip we hadn't caught up much, but maybe that was needed: a middle ground to start a friendship. A key element that we missed. Back then, we went from first meeting to fake marriage in less than an hour. It was more rushed than Ni-ki running to the lunch queue everyday. 

If Eun Hyerin was going to be around me more, I wanted us to start over - even though my feelings for her hadn't changed entirely.

***

(A/N: Who's point of view do you prefer reading? Jay's or Hyerin's? Please comment and let me know! <3)