Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

 "All of us? You have orders to kill all of us?" Tony asks with anger and amazement.

 "Yes, and I will not disappoint," I throw an elbow to his chest.

 "Ooph. Monica, try to fight it," Tony wheezes but does not lessen his hold.

 "I cannot!"

 "Monica, snap out of it!" My dad yells, "Look at Alex. You attacked and injured the guy that you love! You may have also destroyed one of your closest friend's ability to have children!"

 "I'm fine," Bucky croaks out from where he is still knelt on the ground.

 As if Tony shouting at me isn't enough, Thor approaches me. Thor takes me by the shoulders. He shakes me harshly and states, "You are in control. You know we are not your enemies. Try to think."

 "I am thinking perfectly!" I respond despite being handled roughly.

 "You know who I am," Clint speaks up, "I am your friend and your teammate. You don't want to hurt me nor your own father. Normal you would never hurt Steve. Take back your mind."

 "I am in control!" I stomp on both of the men's feet. They relieve their hold just enough to where I can break free.

 My newfound freedom does not last long. Agent Romanoff and Agent Bly are on top of me in seconds. "I have not a clue what is going on right now, but stop it," Agent Bly wraps one of his legs around mine to immobilize my limbs.

 "Did you find the cure?" Natasha inquires through all of the commotion.

 "No," Tony groans.

 "So the only way is to knock her out?" Natasha grits her teeth.

 "I don't want to tell you to knock my daughter out-"

 "Just do it!" I hear my mom scream from the other corner of the room, "Get her reset to herself."

 "She said it, not me," Tony says as he struggles to stand on his right foot. He received the blow from my metal heel.

 "Can someone else do it? I have a feeling if I let go she'll escape," Natasha puts more strain on me.

 "Darn right I will," I growl.

 "Hey, who wants to knock out Monica?" Agent Bly calls out to everyone in the room.

 "Oh, I'll just do it," Agent Barton walks up, "Don't hate me, Mon."

 When he gets close enough I try to free my leg to kick him. Even though my leg does not come free from Natasha's hold, Clint flinches and covers his lower regions. I hear Tony and another agent snicker at Clint's reaction. This makes me angry. Is this just fun to them? They are the earth's poison and they must be eradicated. I am a highly trained agent and assassin and they are treating me as if I am a child who has misbehaved.       

 I open my mouth to voice my thoughts, but Clint's fist is already upon me. I do not have time to feel pain as blackness overcomes me.

~

 I am aware of myself being pulled through the muddy darkness. It feels as if I am swimming to the top of a pit of quicksand. Is it bad how often I am aware of this state of consciousness?

 A white bright light blinds my senses. I blink multiple times before the lighting dims down and I can fully see. I notice a large glass case full of innumerable vials of medicine. I hear voices to the right of me. My head feels heavy as I turn. I try to reposition my body but I find myself restrained by tethers. I groan as my head throbs in agony. I see doubles of the two figures next to me. I have to really strain to focus my eyes until I only see one of each.