Michael knew he was too hard on Jessie, but he couldn't think clearly. His emotions were all over the place. The thought of losing Jessie before something could happen between them pained him.

Jessie stood up from the bed, looking angry at Michael. “You have no right to yell at me,” she muttered sternly. “I had a nightmare about my sister getting killed by demons, and I freaked out,” Jessie screamed. 

“You should have talked to me about it, or better still, talked to Elena, but no, you decided to run off," Michael replied.

Jessie averted her gaze from Michael. She wasn't used to talking to people about her problems. She had always resolved her issues alone, but for the first time, she wished she had shared her problems with someone.

Jessie turned to face Michael, who still looked angry. “I know what I did was stupid,” she took a deep breath. “I'm sorry,” Jessie whispered.

She didn't want to annoy Michael any more by exchanging heated words with him.

Michael shook his head. He was still angry at her. He took a step to the door, but Jessie rushed and placed her hand on his. Even though Michael felt a tingling sensation from Jessie's contact, he ignored it and removed Jessie's hand from his.

“Don't touch me right now, Jessie,” Michael said sternly. “I'm still angry at you.” 

“I'm sorry, Michael,” Jessie whispered. 

Michael didn't say anything. He opened the door and left. He heard a sob escape from Jessie's mouth, and his chest tightened at the sound of her cries. Not only that, he had the urge to go back into the room to comfort her, but he disregarded it and made his way downstairs.

When Michael reached downstairs, he noticed his family in the living room. He refused to meet anybody's eyes. He was aware they heard their raised voices. Michael silently sat down and closed his eyes with his fingers linked together. It didn't take long before he noticed Raguel's presence by his side.

Michael opened his eyes and stared at his friend. “I shouldn't have raised my voice on her.” 

“Yes,” Raguel agreed.  “That wasn't the way to handle the situation. But I do understand why you are angry. If Elena were to do something like that, I would also be mad at her. You are letting your feelings for Jessie get in the way. Jessie isn't your soulmate, Michael. Always remember that.” 

Michael sighed gently. He disregarded Raguel's words of Jessie not being his soulmate. “I messed up,” he shook his head. “I was angry, and I let my anger rule over my sense of reasoning. I should go and apologize to her.” 

“You will apologize later, but right now, I think she should stay alone. I'm simply happy we got to her on time.”  

“Me too,” Michael replied. ‘What would I have done if something had happened to her?’ he asked himself.

“Do you want to go out and get some fresh air?” Raguel asked.

“Yes,” Michael replied.

He needed to leave the house to clear his head. Michael and Raguel headed for the front door. They flashed their wings and soared high in the sky. A few minutes later, they landed and started taking walks in silence, but Michael's thoughts continued drifting back to Jessie.

I will apologize to her when I get home,’ he thought to himself. “Raguel, do you think...” Michael trailed off and looked at Raguel, who had stopped walking.

Raguel turned to look at Michael, and Michael knew why he had stopped walking.

“Demons,” they said in unison.