brave

school AU (harry is still younger but they're both 18)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis knows harry is the bravest person he's ever met. He's strong, and not just physically, as Louis knew all to well with the amount of times harry has had to literally pick him up out of bed just to get him to school on time. At this point if he doesn't answer his best friends texts in the morning Harry will simply just walk through the front door of the Tomlinson household and deal with louis' bratty morning arse himself.

However, Harry's mental strength, louis has always thought, is much more powerful than his body, he always seems to know what he wants to do with his life and how to be himself and be okay with it. He has always been open and proud of who he is and who he loves and Louis admires that about him, actually he admires everything about him, a lot more than he should.

Today happens to start a bit later for both boys, they have the first two lessons free and go into school not till after break. Which means a big sleep in for Louis, with no alarm set, his favourite type of morning. He is alone in the house after getting ready for his day and he is up in his room when he hears the front door open, knowing full well it's harry because all morning louis has been avoiding answering his texts, not for any particular reason expect to piss the younger boy off.

Louis quickly stands up and locks his bedroom door, just to get a reaction. If this was anyone else he would have raced to the car knowing he can be a bit annoying to others if he acts this way but, with harry, he knows he's safe and won't get the cold shoulder for the next week. He knows his friends would never do that to him if he acted more like Harry. Louis' thoughts taking over and he sighs sadly, he loves harry so much and he hates himself when he envy's the boy, even in the slightest. He knows Harry will never love him that way, it hurts but he's thankful he even has him at all. His thoughts suddenly interrupted by his favourite voice, well usually but when he's yelling it scares louis just a bit even though harry would never harm a fly.

"Louis! I swear if you don't unlock the door you know damn well I will kick it down and drag you to school in your boxers." Louis hears him yell from the other side of the wall. What harry doesn't know is that Louis is sat on the edge of his bed dressed in his uniform now with an extremely amused smile covering his entire face.

Harry was done, he took out a key he had made, secretly obviously, to open louis' door. He knows it's slightly creepy but sometimes that's the only option. He uses it all the time and always see's him asleep, looking so cute and innocent, sprawled out all over his bed but still tiny under his multiple layers of blankets. Harry thinks he's adorable. He smiles, but that fades as he strides into the room and see's louis sat on his bed, very confused but still laughing slightly.

"oh hello Harold, breaking into my room I see?" Harry doesn't really know how to explain why he has a key, if louis even realised that's how he got in, and just tackles louis onto his bed and starts tickling him until he see's that Louis has tears down his face.

"stop...stop please. I can't breathe." louis squeals while giggling uncontrollably, it's Harry's favourite sound, if it's the last thing he heard he would be the happiest man ever to exist.

"you know I won't, I love hearing you laugh." Louis then proceeds to pokes under Harry's arm and he falls completely on top of louis both of them laughing like lunatics.

When harry goes to get up he looks down at louis, eyes filled with love and fond for the boy beneath him, he wants to be with him so badly. He knows louis is his best friend and that he trusts harry more than anything but he has never said anything about his sexuality. Harry will never assume anything about anyone, Louis could be straight but he will never make that assumption, people should be able to go unlabelled if that is what makes them happiest and if they change their mind, that should be accepted by everyone, unfortunately that's not what happens. He hates when people judge people and assume whatever they want, even those closest to them. So he has never asked Louis about it because he knows self acceptance and self discovery is important and when louis wants to tell harry, he will love the boy no matter what and support him forever.