Epilogue

We were in Manay's van terminal to send our friends off back in Manila. Sasakay muna sila ng van papunta'ng Davao Airport at pagkatapos ay sasakay na ng eroplano pauwi'ng Manila.

Caleb and I still have a few days here in Manay. May mga unfinished business din ang mga kaibigan namin sa Manila kaya kailangan nilang umuwi ng mas maaga. Besides, Danae and Nhor wouldn't stop teasing me about spending more time with my boyfriend.

Yes. Boyfriend.

Caleb and I were left alone last night to talk. We talked about nothing and everything. We laughed and teased each other. And after the conversation, he asked me if I want to be with him.

'Course I said yes. Magpapakipot pa ba ako?

Nakasakay na sa isang van sina Althea at Mary pagkatapos makapagpaalam sa amin. i also thanked them for helping me about my performance. They were the ones who made my make-up and dressed me up.

Wade came to me and kissed my cheek after loading his things inside the van.

"Take care of my cousin, Aria."

Niyakap ko siya at tinapik sa balikat. "Of course, Wade. Thank you for everything."

"Oo naman. Basta ikaw!" He teasingly winked at me. Napailing nalang ako.

We both laughed when a frowning Caleb punched him in the gut. 

"Napaka harot mo talaga! Kaya laging nagseselos yung atabs mo eh," bumaling sa akin si Caleb. "Did you know that they almost broke up dahil sa kalandian niya?"

"Hindi na ako magtataka." Dahil minsan na din akong nabiktima.

"Woi! Ano 'to harapang trashtalkan?!" Sumimangot siya bago siya hinatak ni Nhor papasok sa van.

"Ako harutin mo bebe Wade!"

Napangiti nalang ako sa kanila. I noticed Danae walking towards me. She immediately hugged me tight and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you in a week."

"Of course. Besides, sasamahan niyo pa akong mag-enroll sa isang music school."

Napalayo siya sa akin at gulat akong tiningnan. Nang makabawi ay kaagad siya'ng tumili at nagsusumigaw kaya naman hinawakan ko siya sa braso at tinakpan ang bibig niya.

"Why are you shouting?" Binitawan ko na siya ng manahimik.

"I'm just happy you've decided. And syempre, tutulungan at sasamahan ka namin! I'm proud of you, babe." 

"Thanks, D."

"Nakakatawa diba? Kailangan mo pala muna'ng masisante sa trabaho, maging school ambassador, ma-fall in love, atsaka mag-perform sa harap ng marami'ng tao bago mo magawa'ng magdecide na pumasok sa isang music school."

I rolled my eyes at her and we both laughed at that. They waved one last time before settling themselves inside the van. One last wave and they drove off. Sumakay naman kami ni Caleb sa pick up at bumyahe na pauwi.

When we arrived home, we immediately went to my room and saw the kids playing inside. We played with them for a while and when the kids got tired and went in their own rooms, he immediately pulled me into a hug.

"I can't believe that you're finally my girlfriend," he said while giving me a peck on the cheek.

We were silent for a while before I asked the question that kept bugging me.

"Kagabi, habang kumakanta ako, nakita kong may binulong sayo si Wade. What did he tell you?"

He stopped fiddling with my hands and looked up on the ceiling as if thinking about his yesterday night's conversation with Wade.

"Hmmm... sabi niya ang swerte ko daw sayo. Bihira nalang daw yung mga babae'ng sila pa mismo ang manghaharana para sa lalaki."

"And what did you say?"

He went back to fiddling with my fingers and kissed the top of my head.

"I said I won't let you go. Because he was right. I am lucky to have you."

I bit my lips to prevent a smile. We were both silent, enjoying the simple and bright scenery outside my room's window. This is enough.

No. This is perfect.

"By the way, you wanna watch a video?" Tumayo siya at kinuha ang phone sa mesa.

"What video?"

"The video of you courting me last night," he teasingly said and my eyes widened in horror.

"You took a video?!"

"Nope. I was busy looking at you so I can't pull a phone and take a video of you but the school's documentation and photography team had to capture every moment. Including your performance."

"And you asked for a video copy?" Hindi makapaniwalang saad ko.

He smirked. "Oo naman! Who wouldn't want to have a video copy about his girl performing in front of the crowd just to please him?"

I turned around and smirked at him. "Alam mo'ng mas malaki ang puntos ko ngayon dahil dito."

Napatitig siya sa akin saglit bago ngumiti at hinalikan ang tungko ng ilong ko.

"You know you're always number one for me," he pulled me closer and we both snuggled close to each other to watch the video.

While feeling his embrace around me, I can't help but feel at ease.

This was the man who always boost me up when I feel down. He may be clingy, annoying and a bully, but he never fails to make me feel special.

This was the man who looked up to me like a star, as if I was too hard to reach. Yet he was there when I fell. He reached so hard for me...

And now, I finally reached him.

* * *

Author's note after. Thank you for reading!