𝗶'𝗺 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗿

Start from the beginning

Smiling, Midori knew she didn't have much of a choice because the cameras pointed at her were filming their every move.

'I'd like that,' she said, giving him a firm nod.

Jungwon smiled and took quick steps towards her. Without thinking, Midori took a step back, afraid he'd kiss her again ━ not that she'd really complain.

He wrapped his arms around her, invoking a feeling of warmth inside of her. A feeling that she couldn't identify engulfed her in an overwhelming shock. Muscles stiffening, Midori could feel her whole body freeze. He was hugging her, the little twat was hugging her, and she was enjoying it.

She exhaled a small breath, slowly relaxing in his embrace, letting herself enjoy the feeling of him once again.

'It would be a lie if I said I didn't want to kiss you right now,' Jungwon mumbled, too quiet for their microphones to pick up, yet loud enough for Midori to hear his words and understand what he meant. 

(english in italics)

'WHAT THE FU━'

Midori slapped her hand over Naito's mouth, cutting him off mid-sentence. 'We're getting filmed, twat.'

He removed her hand from his mouth.

'Ay, I can't help it, I was on my way to the bathroom when I saw you two hugging,' Naito quickly defended himself, shoulders lifting into a small shrug.

'Yeah,' Midori said, copying his small shrug. 'We're on good terms now.'

Naito gave her a look that let her know he wasn't believing a single word she said. Clicking his tongue, his eyes travelled to the people around him. They were in their own world, busy talking to each other, but the feeling of privacy was long gone.

'I need a takeaway━' Naito said, quickly pointing towards the balcony.

'A what?' Seon asked from his place on the couch.

Midori shot him a dirty glare. After their senior, Rain, had visited, Seon had been nothing but a brat. Complaining about the smallest things while doing little to nothing to fix it. But alas, what could Midori do? She didn't want any bad blood between her and some other I-LANDER. Though, she couldn't deny the slight pride in her heart whenever the other I-LANDERs were complaining.

It was their choice to change Ni-ki and Heeseung's parts, they were the ones paying the consequences. Well, Midori was too, but she was confident she would do well and get a high score.

'A takeaway,' Naito repeated, his opinion about Seon equal to Midori's.

'But we're not allowed to contact anyone━?' Seon said in a questioning voice.

'It's a metaphor,' Midori told him. 'Now let's go.'

Without waiting, Midori quickly walked out to the balcony, closing the door behind her, purposely trying to hit Naito in the face.

'Midor━ omph━!'

With a small laugh bubbling in her throat, Midori turned around, looking at Naito who was rubbing his nose. His eyes met hers and if looks could kill, Midori was already in her grave.

'Melody Choi! I'll throw you off the building!'

'Oh, you're full of rubbish again, Nico,' Midori laughed. 'I'm sure Heeseung would love to take the trash out.'

Naito stopped dead in his tracks, eyes narrowing. 'I know where you're ticklish.'

'I know where you're ticklish,' Midori retorted and before she knew it, she found herself in a tickling standoff with her own twin brother.

'You can't weasel yourself out of this one, sister.'

'Watch me, brother.'

'I am watching you,' Naito said.

'Sister,' he added.

'Is it just because you're my younger brother, brother?'

'Yes, it's just because you're my older sister, sister.'

Midori laughed, realisation striking her in the head. 'You said it yourself! I'm your older sister!'

As if the same realisation slapped Naito real hard in the face, his world flashed before his eyes. Placing the back of his hand against his forehead, Naito stumbled towards the wall, leaning against it while heaving in dramatic breaths.

'No,' he breathed out. 'It can't be true.'

Midori shook her head, quick to catch onto his joke. 'There's no escape now.'

Swallowing the heavy lump in his throat, Naito shook his head in denial. 'You might've won the war, sister, but you have not won the battle, sister.'

'That's not how it goes,' Midori snorted.

'Yeah, I thought it sounded a bit weird.'

'Oh, it certainly did,' Midori said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Naito pushed himself off the wall and looked around, 'why are we here again?'

'To. . . talk about the things that happened, you twat.'

'Right, let's get to talking then, brat.'