Irreplaceable Loss

When I went through the pictures of Mullai to make this edit from various fan pages of hers, I couldn't let go of any picture I found

When I went through the pictures of Mullai to make this edit from various fan pages of hers, I couldn't let go of any picture I found. She and her eyes were full of life. She had really lived that character and even in the episodes she appeared for only a few minutes, she would make us fall over that single shot in one way or the other. Some call it magic but for me it is pure talent.

Life sometimes turns in a really unexpected direction for all of us. We would have gone through so much in this path of life we had crossed till now. But still this one loss is making me doubt and be distrustful of everything I had believed in all these years of my life. I am an ambitious girl too but I have made all my life decisions very carefully and with all these years of protected bringing up, it took me so many years to even take some daring choices. 

She had been a great inspiration from the day I knew of her and I got to know her through Mullai and thus I believed that I loved Mullai more than her. But today the character Mullai has not a single impact on me and I don't miss the serial nor anybody else from it. The girl who gave life to Mullai is whom I miss so much. It's the admiration I had for her talent and the person she was that had made me so attached to Mullai. 

Today if I look back, Mullai's characterization had been flawed and was in many places against the ideologies of what a woman should be according to me. It's because the person who played that, it seemed so bold and empowering for me. In these few days, when I thought about the pair I loved so much, it hurt me to think that would I really want to be treated the way Mullai was from the day she got married to Kathir. It was all magical, especially the both of them. But the first night track disappointed me so much and today, when I think back it was the same way she was treated through many incidents from the beginning and I had been going awe seeing just their eye-lock. There is much to life than that.

Kathir's character by itself is so strong and he is surely a gentleman. But as a husband, I don't know how much I can justify, when I think of their relationship shown in the serial for two years. It had been totally against the way I believe a man should treat a woman. Just maintaining a 5 feet distance is not enough and that can not make one a good husband. He should have been a little more considerate. The serial was called realistic and I don't want anything shown in that to be a reality in anyone's life including the love track of KM. 

The whole serial from the beginning had been so male chauvinistic and full of unhealthy portrayal of many relationships in life. These days when I watched the promos, I really want to hit myself for wasting time in this serial for two whole years. Now all I take from it, is how not to be both from the onscreen and off-screen I got to watch of the characters. I love joint families and I would ask anyone who lives in it or would love to have a family like that to not watch this depiction of how it would be. 

I hate myself for being so blinded for all these days. I, from now on would really know what I would need in a relationship when I get married and I am really thankful to PS, for letting me know how it shouldn't be. My love for KM and I believe all the love that's showered on them was because we imagined it in a better way than it's portrayed. And to not forget, it was definitely the magic of both their acting and the pair that had made it so valuable.

I happened to read Miruthan 2: Pirivom Santhipom by @VasumathiVijay and KM Wedding Reimagined by @kmfann - thank you authors for teaching me so much and I hope that I would make sure to make a better way to portray the relationship of KM like you both did. Much love to you both.

And finally Mullai, I miss you and Chithu, you will keep winning wherever you are because that's the legacy you have left behind.

Because of all these thoughts and some personal life issues, I couldn't get back to writing. Hope everything will be alright really soon. 

Love you all.