-Chapter 9-

4/23/2021

"Hypnos? Hey, Hypnos, you alright?" (Y/N) asked while snapping their fingers in front of the deity's face, confused by why he had frozen up like that. "Buddy, you're supposed to be helping me put groceries away," they said while smiling as he blinked and looked around confusedly.

What the heck was that? A daydream? Gods don't have daydreams!

Hypnos sighed, shaking his head while running his fingers through his hair. "Sorry about that. I have no clue what happened.." he muttered while helping (Y/N) sort out what they had bought. "Hey uh.. Thank you for taking me with you on your errands.. It really helps me clear my mind, ya know?" Hypnos asked quietly while avoiding looking at (Y/N).

"It's no biggie. Besides, I didn't want you sleeping all day. It isn't healthy," they said with a shrug, smiling. "You're great company anyway. I'm glad you appeared when you did. Things were starting to get rough."

Hypnos glanced at them for a moment, furrowing his brows. "What does that mean?" he asked, leaning on the counter. "Oh just things with work, and family, and thoughts of the future. Things aren't very good right now. And you're both a blessing and a curse. I can't just turn you away, we've bonded but.. You can't just live rent free. You're going to need a job if you're going to keep living with me," (Y/N) said, sort of sternly, looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"Tch, sure, alright, I can do that," Hypnos mumbled, crossing his arms. "I bet I could find a job today if I tried. But.." He sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Hmm.. This'll be harder than I thought. Guess you'll have to teach me stuff."

(Y/N) sighed, nodding reluctantly. "Right, I forgot you appeared out of the blue and technically didn't exist until then. But I have a friend who would pay you good money to help them around their shop." Hypnos perked up slightly, a smile coming to his face. "Really?" he asked, surprised and a bit relieved. (Y/N) nodded, returning his smile, feeling a bit relieved themself. "Of course. I can take you to see her tomorrow. But we still have stuff to do today. Let's go get you some clothes that will actually fit you."

Hypnos clapped his hands, seeming excited to go do more stuff with (Y/N). "Yes! I can finally wear human clothes instead of uncomfortable god clothes!" he said enthusiastically, unaware of (Y/N)'s adoring smile. "Yeah, yeah, come on, we should get going so we can be back before it gets dark," they said while leaving the kitchen. Hypnos nodded, closely following them like a lost puppy.

Within a few more hours, the two returned with all kinds of bags filled with clothes for Hypnos and some stuff (Y/N) decided to buy so they could spoil themself a bit. "That was fun!" Hypnos exclaimed, looking towards (Y/N) and this time taking note of their love struck smile. He suddenly felt overwhelmed and blushed madly, quickly looking away while they snickered at his reaction. "Anyway, now you have a few things to wear, and of course you can borrow my clothes sometimes if you want," they said while opening the door to their apartment and walking inside.

"Uh.. Alright, yeah, I'll keep that in mind.." he mumbled, trying to calm himself down from the sudden wave of flustered. "Ya know, you're super easy to fluster. I just look at you and you melt. What's up with that? You like me or something?" (Y/N) asked, sort of jokingly, laughing to themself afterwards. Hypnos muttered something to himself, before clearing his throat and looking at them smugly. "You wish I did," he sneered, scrunching his nose in the process and causing (Y/N) to laugh at his attempt to be sassy.

"Ya know, you're pretty cute when you try and be tough. You're just too squishy and sleepy to be intimidating or sassy," they teased, watching Hypnos's façade drop as he began to pout. "I am not! You're into some weird stuff, falling for a god that you barely know. Maybe my sleep powers are making your brain all fuzzy," he mumbled, a whiny tone in his voice. "What, I can still think you're cute even though we just met! Don't try and backtrack, you're the one who's been flirty this entire time!" they said defensively, putting all of their bags down and locking up the apartment for the night.

Hypnos scrunched his nose again in annoyance, sighing because he knew they were right. "Whatever, (Y/N). At least I'm not alone in this stupid love hate thing. I know you love me, you just would never admit it," he said, sticking his tongue out at them. They cocked an eyebrow, smirking. "Oh ok captain obvious," they said sarcastically. "You're not as bright as you think. I've been dropping hints this whole time and you've just been kind of a dumbass and not picking up on it."

Hypnos blushed again, covering his ears. "Nope, I refuse to believe you like me after two days! I've ruined your life ya know. Now I'm gonna put on comfortable clothes and go to bed, goodnight, see you whenever," he said  hastily and grabbing one of the bags, quickly disappearing down the hall and into the bathroom.

(Y/N) sighed, shaking their head. "He's hopeless.. Oh well, I won't stop him from getting a healthy sleep schedule."