ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Thursday July 15th, 1 P.M
Freddy Fazbears

"Well, it was nice meeting you two but I have to go do some important stuff." Dave wraps up the conversation, standing up as we finish lunch.

I walk behind my desk and smile, tilting my head. "I look forward to working with you Mr. Miller."

"Same to you Mrs. L/n."

"Oh, I'm not married."

"A single mom I assume?"

"Well, no but I'm not married."

"Ah, I see."

"I'll see you tomorrow Dave."

"See you tomorrow."

Alyssa squeals as the door shuts. "You really go after all the nice handsome British guys don't you?"

"Oh shut it. I'm dating someone, remember?"

Yup. I met a nice guy named  Richard who we three call Richie. I met him a whole year ago while in the new mall that was built after William disappeared.

"I still don't like him." Micheal crosses his arms.

"Do you like anyone but us?"

"Well, not really but- he gives me odd vibes. Worse than Liam-"

"We don't use that name."

"Right, sorry."

"You're okay Mikey. Alyssa, you should go after him. You've been lonely for long enough."

"I don't know y/n." She looks at the wall.

"Come on, what do you have to lose?"

"Nothing I guess."

"Come on, take risks."

"Can I come in tomorrow and watch you guys work, y'know, look mysterious."

"Of course you can! Just tell Scott before hand so he doesn't kick you out."

"Okay!"

"So, how much longer you staying here?" Mike asks me.

"Just for a few more hours. It's already three"

"Mkay, you get out at seven, right?"

"That is correct."

"I'll be hanging out with a friend."

"Oh! Is is the Melanie girl?"

"Uhm... Yeah, yeah it is."

"Your crushhhh."

"She's not my crush!"

"Yeah, okay. Here." I pull a condom out of my purse. "Use protection on the young girl."

Micheals face turns a bright pink.

"Y/n!" Alyssa laughs.

"What? I know it's going to happen."

"Th- thanks." He snatches it from my hand and walks out in a rush.

"Can I have one too?" Alyssa reaches for my purse but I take it out of reach.

"No, you're going to make a balloon out of it like you did last time."

"But it's fun."

"You're not even a kid anymore, how do you still keep your kid energy?"

"It's just how I roll, man!"

"Yeah, okay clean up and get out of my office."

"Sure thing."

Alyssa cleans up the lunch mess and as she picks up a couple things, a little paper sits under Dave's shake.

Alyssa picks it up and smiles.

"What is it?"

"His phone number."

"I bet he meant it for you." I smirk, knowing damn well he didn't. The whole time Dave tried to sit as far away from Alyssa as he could. Only reason I want Alyssa after him is so he doesn't go after me.

"Of course he did." She shoves it into her purse.

"Have a good night Alyssa!"

"You too!" She leaves and I'm left to my work. I feel as if I've done a good job. Alyssa might have a boyfriend sooner or later. Micheals with his girl. all that's missing is Richie. I know better than to call him right now though. He's working at fifties diner which is the reason we always go there.

My computer gets a notification and I realize I'm still on work hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stretch and yawn as the clock hits seven O clock. I can't wait to get home. Apparently Richie has a surprise for me. I'm a little excited.

I drive home in the same car I have been...Williams old car. The only reason I kept it is because of the colors. We also took his house. Why? I don't know either.

I enter the house to the smell of delicious food. Richie Cooks in the kitchen, listening to music and kind of dances with it.

"Nice dance." I compliment as he jumps.

"Oh, welcome home. I hope you're hungry."

"I sure am." I wrap my arms around him as he cooks. "I'm beat."

"Bad day?"

"No, not bad just busy."

"I see." He pauses, turning around and wrapping his own arms around me. "Well, I hope you're hungry for pancakes."

"Yes please."

"That's what I thought you'd say." He kisses me on the forehead before turning around and turning off the stove.

~~~~~

After dinner, Richie pulls me outside to show me what he's supposedly been working on all day.

"Richie, did you forget to put anything out here? There's nothing." It's just the backyard, nothing special.

"I know, over here." He sits down with me on grass, facing towards our neighbors fence. "Now!" He shouts, cupping his hands around his mouth to sound louder.

A little delayed between each other, fireworks shoot up in the sky, blue, pink, green. My mouth is dropped in shock. I turn to Richie "Isn't this illegal to do here? There are so many hazards."

"It's like you forget what today is. For you, I'll do whatever."

I look back up to the sky, still thinking. My birthday? No. His birthday? No, who's does their own present?

... Oh shit

We've been together exactly a year.

Our one year anniversary. I turn to Richie again. "Oh gosh, Richie, I'm so sorry! I was so-"

"Shh, just watch. I don't expect anything. You've been busy, I understand."

Listening, I nod, and turn my head back, leaning onto his shoulder. How did I become so lucky with him? Nobody compares to him Except...

William.

But,

He's gone and dead.

I'll never see him again.

I have to let go of hope.

Hope of him coming back.