-twenty-four-

"So we're just going to ignore the whole 'I love you Celeste' 'I love you too Remus' thing?!"

James really wasn't letting this go.

"Man, I don't know. I wanna ask them, but I don't think that they'd tell us." Sirius fiddled with his fingers. "We should just wait until they choose to tell us, agreed?"

James groaned. "Agreed."

Right at that moment one of the two people they were discussing walked down from the girl's dormitories, and it wasn't Remus.

"Good morning guys!" Celeste smiled tiredly and rubbed her eyes.

"Hey, 'Leste. How'd you sleep?" Sirius grinned at her, ignoring the burning question that was lingering in both of the boy's minds.

James, however, was not so good at acting casual, so he settled for looking awkwardly at the floor, worried that if he said anything, he wouldn't be able to avoid the question.

"What's wrong with him?" Celeste laughed, looking over at James.

"U-uh uhm," Sirius struggled to come up an excuse for James's odd behavior. "Lily was wearing red today?"

"Huh?" Celeste looked confused.

"That's his favorite color on Lily."

"Huh, okay." Celeste shrugged and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the mantle.

"I missed breakfast so this is the best I can do, I guess-"

"What the hell is going on with you and Remus? And don't bother saying it's nothing, we know it's something!"

Sirius face-palmed. "So much for subtlety."

"U-uh, what?" Celeste asked nervously, hoping that she misheard them, though she knew she didn't.

"Vix, I love you but you heard what I asked." James said.

She sighed and sat in between the two boys. "Honestly, I don't know."

James's eyes widened and he stood up and turned to face her. "You don't know?"

Sirius, at this point, had given up on restraining James from making things weird, and decided to sit back with some popcorn that he kept in his pocket for times just like these.

"How could you not know? What have you done? Have you not talked about it? Is he using you? Are you using him?" James frantically asked.

"What? No, of course not!" Celeste scoffed at the accusation.

"Then what, woman, WHAT?!" James shook her violently.

"I don't know? We kissed? I love him? He loves me? But I'm betrothed to a douchebag?" It sounded stupid when she said it out loud.

It was silent for a moment.

"No offense, 'Leste, but that just sounds like a cheesy movie. Like a movie that was directed by a bunch of lovesick teenagers." James could be very blunt when he wanted to be. And at this moment, he wanted to be.

"Thanks for that." Celeste swatted James on the back of his head with her hand.

"Wait, I'm confused. So you guys are in love... but you're not together? You and Remus are weird." Sirius didn't understand nerds in the slightest.

"Yeah we are." A new voice chimed into the conversation.

Remus.

Celeste smiled when she heard his familiar voice.

"Hey, Remmy."

"Hey, 'Esta."

The two smiled dopily at each other until someone broke the silence.