Chapter 6

It's been a 2 weeks since the accident. Everyone at school has been gossiping trying to figure out the real story of what has happened. Everyone has been asking me questions. All I've been doing is ignoring them. Evan has been gone for 2 weeks as well. I haven't seen him since that day in the hospital. My ribs took no time to heal at all which was very strange considering I broke two of them. I'm in perfect condition now.

I walk into my bio 12 class and sit down in the first empty desk I seen. I start to get out myself while everyone is watching me. I don't see what the big deal is. It's really none of there business.

"So I heard you've run Evan straight out of town." A guy with short black hair sat across from me while smiling. He is around 6 feet tall. He has broad shoulders and a very defined jawline. He looks like he was made with precise detail, like every inch of him was carved into perfection. This guy I had nothing on Evan though. I mean uh.. why did I just think that, I don't even-"well atleast that's what everyone is saying. You're the talk of the town Abby." He smirks."The name's Preston"

"Um, Hi." I say. Who does this guy think he is?

"I'm Evan's friend." Did he just..? No there's no way. Unless I said what I was thinking out loud.

"Oh, He never mentioned you. Well for the short time we talked. We barely know eachother."

"Oh, sweet heart, I wish that was the same in Evans case, but fortunately I heard all about you. He could never stop talking about it."

"If I'm so "interesting" why'd he leave?" I frowned looking down at my desk as the teacher walked in. Preston leaned over next to me and began to whisper in my ear.

"Maybe because he's protecting you."

"Protecting me from wha-"

"Ms.Brooks and Mr.Valentine, care to share with the class what is so important that you have interrupt my teaching for?" Mrs.O'Connor said while scowling at me and Preston.

"No ma'am, I was just asking Abby for a pencil" Preston says while picking up a pencil off my desk and held it up to her while giving a smile that could make any girls knees go weak. "But unfortunately my effort to keep it quiet wasn't the best. I really do apologize Mrs.O'Connor."

        Preston's kindness and killer smile seemed to have shocked Mrs.O'Connor. I don't know if I was the only one who noticed but I could have sworn I seen Mrs.O'Connor's cheeks turn a slight shade of pink. This guy was some woman charmer, wasn't he? I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

Soon, class was over and Preston was trying to catch up to me as I made my way out the door.

"Abby!" He said while jogging towards me once I got into the hallway. "Hold up. Listen I know you probably have a lot of questions about where Evan went-" I interupted him before he could continue.

"I don't." I say as I put my arm out to the side across his chest stopping him. He looked me in the eyes. "I don't care where Evan is. I know that sounds mean but he is the one that put me in the hospital. I mean..no..I don't understand why he left but I'm also not going to cry as I wait for him to come back. I barely know him Preston! Just like how I barely know you!"

"Woah Abby. Just calm down. I didn't think you loved him or anything but me and Evan..we have a strong connection..we tell eachother a lot. Um..nevermind that doesn't have to do with this situation..um.." Preston takes me over to a corner where not many people are."I know that you know that you feel as if you have some sort of strong connection with him even though you barely know him."

I push him away from me.

"I don't! Evan means nothing to me." I say while looking down knowing I just lied but I couldn't tell about the dreams. He'd think I was crazy.Especially since I've been having them since I was six. I can feel Preston staring at me.

"Is that why you've been having dreams of him since you were six?" My jaw dropped.

Oh my god. How does he know that?! I only thought it I didn't say it out loud-

"Before you freak out, Evan told me." He says while smirking at me. Oh I am going to flip on him in about two minutes.

"HOW! I NEVER TOLD EVAN ANYTHING ABOUT THE DREAMS! I DEMAND FOR YOU TO TELL ME HOW YOU NOW RIGHT THIS-" Preston lifts me up, puts me over his shoulder and carries me out of the school as I pound my fists on his back in protest .

"PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!! PRESTON I WILL PERSONALLY KILL YOU!" This made his back and chest vibrate with a chuckle.

"You're all bark and no bite sweetheart." He said as he put me in his car and buckles my seat belt while I'm still hollering at him and fighting back with all my strength but to no avail; my struggling wasn't working against his strength.

I stop hollering once he starts the car.

"Where are we going?" I say as I admire his car. It looks to be a 1967 Chev camaro.

"Ah look the princess is back"

That's when it all came back to me. Damon. His eyes changing into a dark red color as black veins formed under his eyes. I remember it all. The sound my ribs made as they cracked. The sharp prick on my neck. I reach my hand up to my neck to feel the faint scar as Preston looks at me then back to the road. The burning sensation...the feelings of my lungs being on fire and the stinging in my throat.

Evan saved my life.

But from what..?