Chapter 10

Silje's POV
Waking up to snowing is the best feeling. I got up from bed and glanced at the window. It was beautiful. Little snowflakes landed peaceful on the snowy mountains on the outside. I sat next to the window and I began to think. What if I instead of leaving Canada and going back home the night of the incident I stayed and gave Mark the chance of explaining. No. Silje stop it. My mind say. All this thinking was ruining my happiness. I decided to take a shower and head to the slopes. I loved the feeling of the warm water sliding through my skin. I wanted it to last forever but unfortunately I had to end it. I got all my clothes from the suitcase and choose black snow pants and a mint green jacket. All of my snow pants were kind of skinny, they weren't baggy and big that made me look fat. I did my normal make up, lipstick , mascara and powder, since I was going snowboarding not out. I grabbed my snowboarding gear and phone and headed to the slopes. I got in the elevator and the person I didn't want to see was there. Mark. I tried to ignore him. But it was impossible . How can I resist not looking to his gorgeous green eyes.
"Hey" he said shyly , bitting his lip
I ignored him and took my phone out. It was against my luck that all the snowboarders were placed at floors 45-50 ( hahah pretty talk hotel) and the ride was like 5-10 minutes because of all the stopping. Suddenly the elevator froze. It stopped moving. Why me? I kept staring at my phone pretending to be texting someone. I was praying in my mind for someone to text me, thankfully my cousin did. My cousin and I are very close so I was actually happy for him and to text me. Mark stepped closer to me.

"Please let's just be friends and forget the past" he said.

I raised my eyes from my phone and took a deep breath.

"How can I forget the past" I said trying to hide my cracking voice.

"Please let me be your friend , I'm sorry for all of what happened to us" he said now with his voice cracking.

"Dont be sorry , I am the one who made a mistake, surely dating you was the biggest mistake I ever committed. " I said coldly with a tear rolling down my cheek.

He tried to hug me but I stepped back.
Then I said " how do you suppose that we can be friends when we had dated for 3 years and you cheated on me on our anniversary? I said now crying quietly.

Just before he was going to speak , the elevator doors opened. I went out quickly and exited the lobby. I whipped my tears off and tried to forget about what just happened.

Mark's POV
I was going to tell her how much I missed and loved her until the fucking doors opened. I grabbed her wrist but she just un pulled her from my grip. She fastly exited and left. I wanted to go after her but I knew it would make things worse. As I went up the mountain alone in the lift I whisper to myself "I love you, Silje". I didn't care about Coco but she was my girlfriend and Silje wasn't. It felt wrong to think what I am thinking.