That Damned Hufflepuff

Começar do início

She stilled in his arms. Like. The word taunted her. Why wouldn't he just admit that he loved her. Jamie knew Fred did. So what was taking him so damn long? Why wouldn't he just say the words? They weren't that hard to say and they had been dating for long enough. "You like me?" Jamie said, her voice sounding forced and calm. Her nose was sharpening and, even though she couldn't see it, she knew her aura must be growing. Not that the aura would have any impact on Fred, due to the feelings that he refused to admit. Jamie's heart raced and she felt the tell-tale prick of her sharper teeth. She had bared her soul to him—told Fred everything about herself that she knew. He knew it all, but still wouldn't tell Jamie his big secret.

From behind her, Fred's chuckle was confused, "Yeah. That's why we are dating. Do I need to explain it to you better, Jamie?" His voice grew taunting, "When a boy and a girl like each other very much—"

The blonde witch stood, moving out of Fred's arms, "I'm going to bed." Jamie stated, making a move to leave.

Fred stood up, "What? But we are still talking, did I do something wrong?" He asked, his voice sounding sincere.

Jamie didn't risk looking up at him. She didn't want him to see her changed features and figure out that she was mad about something as silly as this. Jamie truly didn't want to be mad, but there was little the half-Veela could do to control her own emotions. "No, of course not, it's just been a long day. Night, Fred." Her short legs turned, moving her around the couch in quick steps.

The red-head went after her, his hand catching her elbow, "Jamie, what did I do? You have to talk to me about these kind of things. I'm sorry that I joked about the prophecy it wasn't meant to be disrespectful or anything."

She sighed, her voice shaking trying to control her whirlwind of emotions, "It's nothing you did." Jamie forced herself to meet his eyes, hoping her nose was back to its typical appearance, "I just can't control my emotions sometimes. So my best course of action is to just let myself cool off so I don't do or say anything I might regret. I'm sorry."

His eyes searched his face for a lie. When he couldn't find one, Fred continued to press, "It's obviously something I said, Jamie, so just tell me."

"No."

"What do you mean no?" Fred asked, exasperated.

Jamie's nose was pointed again, "I mean no, did you suddenly go deaf?"

"Clearly, otherwise I would have heard the moment where you could be angry with me. I was so nice I was being so sweet and now you're angry." He ran a hand through his hair, confused.

"Congratulations, do you want a cookie for being nice to me?" Jamie said testily.

"No but a brownie or a thank you would be nice."

The blonde's mouth opened, "How dare you bring up brownies when you know that I am almost out of them."

Fred pointed at her face, "You are angry!" He lowered his voice in a harsh whisper, "Your face is all Veela, you little liar!" Jamie smacked his hand away as hard as she could. Fred gripped his hand to his chest, even though it didn't hurt. His other arm tugged at a piece of her hair. "Stop being so violent."

"I am angry because of nothing! It's stupid and so I tried to leave and now you're making me violent and act on my anger like an idiot so how about you just let it go!"

The red head scoffed, "I don't let things go."

"Yeah. I know. Try." Jamie said through clenched teeth.