I groaned internally to myself. Jawas? I was really starting to hate a lot of these planets.

"She's coming with us," Din commanded, leaving no room to argue.

The magistrate didn't seem to get the hint. "The town is run by ex-Empire," He offered as a counter point, "If they see a rebel dropper, they'll all get their hackles up."

I rolled my eyes. "You heard him, didn't you?" I called down to him, and Karga noticed me for the first time. I continued, sliding off the back of the bluurg, "She's coming."

Greef bit his tongue. Staring at me for a few moments, he finally let out a sharp exhale as he said, "Fine. But at least cover your tattoo." He flicked his gaze back to Cara again. "No need to flaunt it."

But then he turned his attention back to Din. Looking up at him, a small smile crossed Karga's face as he asked, "Now, where's the little guy that all the fuss is about?"

I glanced back at Din. He reluctantly tapped a few buttons on his vambrace, and the pram that Kuiil had built for the kid floated past me. It stopped a few feet in front of Karga, and the magistrate gladly stepped forward as the pram opened, revealing the awake and alert child within.

Karga's face lit up. "So this is the little bogwing that's causing all the trouble," He mused aloud, reaching out to pick up the child. He wrapped both of his hands around the kid's body and lifted him out of the pram to get a good look at him. Karga continued, "What a precious little creature. I can see why you didn't want to harm a hair on it's wrinkled head."

I pointedly shifted my weight as I nonchalantly rested a hand on my lightsaber hilt. Greef noticed, his expression faltering as his eyes recognized what kind of weapon I had strapped to my belt.

"That's an impressive weapon, Mando," He called out to me, placing the child back in the pram. I tensed as the bounty hunters surrounding the magistrate closed in a few steps, ready to kill if needed. Then Karga continued as the pram encased the child within, "Let's hope you won't have to use it."

I nodded curtly in agreement as the pram floated back towards Din. "Agreed."

The magistrate plastered another fake smile of his face as he clapped his hands. "Well," He began, "I'm glad this matter can be put to rest once as for all." Then he glanced at the sky, the sun traveling towards the horizon. "The sun sets fast of Nevarro," Karga explained, "We can travel for a spell and camp by the river bank. Then we will reach the city by first light."

Din grunted his agreement, ending our short rendezvous as he walked his bluurg up to me. I let him swing me behind him again, and we followed the magistrate deeper into the heart of Nevarro, traveling in silence as the sun continued to set behind us.

——————————————————————

I kept a close eye on Karga's bounty hunters the entire ride to the river. But by the time the sky was a dark navy blue, nothing had transpired between our groups, and we silently set up camp on the river bank together. Once we settled down, I began to notice suspicious glances between the bounty hunters. The quick looks set me on edge, and I restlessly tapped my foot on the dirt as I stared at the fire.

I vaguely registered Din's comforting hand on my lower back, but what pulled me out of my trance was Karga saying, "I guess the little bugger is a carnivore."

I quickly glanced towards the kid, who was being handed some sort of meat by Kuiil. Then Karga continued, "I've never seen anything like it. You know, those Imperials are ready to pay a king's ransom for that thing." He shrugged. "Must be some sort of highfaultin menagerie."