"Shab...." Rex cursed.

He quickly got between the two clones and pushed them apart, his arms outstretched and hands flat on their chests to keep them separated. "Okay, stop. Both of you." He said angrily. The one on his right struggled against the grip and Rex pushed him back, "I said stop!" He looked the clone in the eyes and lowered his voice, "Calm down." He sighed. Where was Boil and Waxer when you needed them? "Now what the hell happened?"

"He started it!" Said the other clone.

"No I didn't you hut'uun." The one in the right said.

"Hey!" Rex furrowed his brow in anger and he shoved that clone back so he fell on his backside, "We do not call our brothers that. Now go have a seat on that ammo crate until I'm done talking to this one." The clone didn't move. "Now!" That got him moving. He scrambled to the ammo crate and sat on it while Rex had a discussion with the other clone.

"Okay." Rex took a breath and relaxed. "What was that about?" He said softly and he released the grip.

"I didn't do anything, sir." The clone said.

"What's your name?"

"Redd, sir."

"Okay, Redd. He wouldn't attack for no reason, you obviously did something to provoke him. So, what did you do?"

"All I did was mention his brother, sir. His dead brother."

"I'm assuming you weren't very nice about it?"Redd didn't answer. "I'll take that as a yes. Okay, listen. Never say anything bad about a brother. He died but it doesn't give you a reason to talk bad about him. I don't want Commander Cody mentioning to me that you did something like this again, you hear?" He sighed, "Stay here." He turned to walk away, but Redd stopped him.

"Uhh, sir? Could I get something for my nose?"

Redd's nose was leaking blood. "Not yet. Just keep your head leaned forward so you won't choke on your blood. You'll be fine."

Rex rubbed the side of his face as he walked over to the other clone. What a mess. Brothers shouldn't give each other broken noses on purpose. "Okay, kid. Name?"

"Striker, sir." Striker looked absolutely ashamed and mortified. It seemed what he did was finally clicking into place. "I-I didn't mean to do it. It's just... he disrespected Jip."

"Jip? Is that your buddy?"

"Was my buddy. He got killed by Grievous."

"I'm sorry. But that doesn't give you a motive to strike." Realization hit him like a wave, "Oh. Is that how you got your name?"

Striker looked down and rubbed his knuckles, "Yes, sir, it is. I just... I can't control my anger sometimes, and that worries me, sir. If I can't control myself, then I'm a danger to people."

"Hmm, I think I know how you feel. You get this feeling inside, like in your gut, it's like a fire, and it feels like it's gonna burn you up if you don't do something about it. So then you resort to... that. You know what I mean?"

"But how do you stop feeling like that?"

Rex inhaled, "Well, now I just breathe. In and out. Just breathe a few times, and eventually the anger just... disappears."

"Sure but, how long does that take."

Rex shrugged, "That all depends. It can take a few minutes... or a few years. But it's better than knocking someone's lights out. Or breaking their nose for that matter. And no one's ever gotten in trouble for breathing before."

Striker nodded. "...Okay. I'll give it a try."

"Good man. Now go shake hands with Redd and make peace with him."

Striker stood up, "Yes sir." He walked over to Redd and held out his hand for shaking. Redd took it and they shook hands. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault. I shouldn't have said what I said about Jip." Redd apologized.

Rex smirked. He hoped their little feud was over and that they wouldn't bother Cody, for that was the last thing Cody needed.

Everyone was on the cruiser. It was past lights out and in the mess hall, Jesse rose an eyebrow, "What's with them?"

At a table next to the one where Jesse and Kix were sitting, Cody and Rex were snickering loudly and uncontrollably. Cody said something and Rex threw his head back and let out a boisterous laugh.

Kix shrugged, "Who knows? But they have been staying up for a long time on just caf, so I think it's finally catching up on them. And Rex dealt with some stuff. I didn't quite hear what it was, though."

"You should check on them. The commander never laughs like that. Or Rex for that matter."

Kix nodded and he stood up. He walked over to the other table and sat down next to Rex just as they stopped laughing. Cody didn't seem to care the medic was there and he started to eye is steaming cup of caf, "So... since a higher temperature is basically a higher average kinetic energy, does this mean my caf punches me real hard when I take a sip?"

Rex pursed his lips in thought, "That... that's so brilliant I could cry." He blinked a few times, "Can I punch you in the face and you could compare that to a sip?" That was definitely going against what he said earlier, but this was different he told himself.

"Mmm, yes. Let's do it."

Kix's eyes widened and he snatched their cups away, "No. Stop it. Don't do that."

Rex frowned, "We're making a scientific discovery here, Kix. This could be r... revelationary."

Kix snorted, "It's revolutionary, sir."

"Oh. Right."

"And I can give you the answer, but if you do end up hitting each other, don't come crying over to me please." He looked at his wrist chrono. "But we can save that for tomorrow. It's passed your guys' bedtime. So come on."

"Oh, hold on now—," Rex held up a hand in protest.

Kix shook his head, "I've said it sixteen times and I'll say it again. I outrank you when it comes to your health. Your sleep is related to your health. So I order you to go to bed. Same goes to you, Commander."

Cody frowned, "Nobody like you, Kix."

"Yeah," Rex agreed, "you ruin the fun times."

"That's my job, sirs. Take a sleeping pill if you must, but all that caf is going to be the death of you. Now, goodnight."

Rex let out a low rumbling sound deep in his throat as he stood up. Cody and him reluctantly trudged off and Kix shook his head. He walked back over to Jesse, "We should go back to the barracks, too"

"M'Kay." Jesse drained the last of his juice and put everything away. He started walk with Kix down to the barracks, "You know, Rex and Cody seem pretty cool when they're full of caf."

"Maybe, but it kind of scares me to see them laughing like that. The only time he laughs like that is when he's with Ahso— ohhh...."

Jesse cleared his throat, "Hmm? What did you say? Did you say Ahsoka?"

"...no."

Jesse gasped, "Ha! I knew it!"

"No, no, Jess you can't know."

"Whelp, I do now."

Stang.