T W E N T Y T W O

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Read it. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience of Chicago."

Elena turned to see what Nadilya was holding and she held an exasperated face.

"It's Stefan's diary. Nadilya, don't read that; you'd be invading his private thoughts."

Damon let out a groan and Nadilya was torn.

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see."

Elena gave Damon a look and Nadilya was starting to become uncomfortable.

"I've seen Stefan in his darker periods. I can handle it."

"Oh! Here's an entry: March 12th, 1922; 'I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers' blood in places I don't recognize with women I don't remember."

"Nadilya!"

"Ahh! I'm shocked. Stefan's not a virgin?"

Elena gave the duo a hard look before facing Damon and then the road.

"Eyes on the road, Grandma."

"Fine. Back to my game. Tell me if you see a Florida plate."

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?"

"There used to be an all-girls high school around the corner but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird."

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work."

Damon grabbed Nadilya's hand and with the other, broke the door handle and pushed the door open. Damon and Nadilya walked in first with Elena following behind them and Nadilya was in shock of the place.

"Here we are. Stefan's personality home."

"Pretty obvious he hasn't been here."

"Tour's not over yet."

Damon dragged Nadilya over to the pantry and felt the side until he opened up the entire pantry as a door. Behind it, there laid a ton of bottles filled with a weird liquid.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster."

"Look harder."

Nadilya and Elena looked closer into the room and on one of the walls laid a ton of names.

"It's a list of names."

"Mmm."

"These are all of his victims?"

"Still handling it?"

Elena couldn't answer and instead, changed the subject.

"So, what were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?"

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchnanans of my own."

"I was in Rome."

The two looked towards Nadilya who's face was impassive.

"It was a beautiful chaos. The city itself was beautiful to look at, if you didn't mind the rise of fascism and the revolts that followed."

Damon chuckled before he gave Nadilya a quick kiss and moved towards the door.

"Where are you going?"