FIFTEEN

Italics: Korean

___

She was silently packing her bags in her room.

Gina's flight was set to take off in five hours, but in all honesty she did not want to leave. Her heart was racing, her blood was racing through her veins, and a few tears would occasionally run down her face. This was it for her in China, she was now going to be trapped again. No one but Kevin to keep her company.

Her parents dead, her sister in France, and her only other friends refusing to talk to her. Her life was over.

Over before it had even really started.

"Are you ready to go?" Kevin stood in her door frame, leaning slightly onto one foot. His face was solemn and he could not make eye contact with the pale girl. He heard a small sniffle and shuffling of the feet, before he looked up to see her standing in from of him.

"I'll help you take my luggage out," she gave him a small smile, holding two carry-on's in her hands. Kevin let out a loud sigh, rubbing his face with his sweaty palms. Everything was so awkward between everyone, especially since the announcement of her going back to Korea. The rest of the boys, including Jacob and Juyeon, were also heading back to Korea, as there was nothing else for them to do in China.

Kevin had drinking quite a lot, trying to take his mind off things for even a split second. Nothing really worked though. The thought of death never left his brain. It was ingrained, and it was slowly eating him up on the inside. He blamed everything on himself, from the moment they landed in Korea till now. He was taking her freedom away by taking her back there, and he knew it.

"Are you coming?!" Gina's voice boomed throughout the cold mansion. He grabbed the suitcases, lugging it down the marble stairs and out the door. She had sunglasses hiding her red eyes, and was already sitting in the passenger seat. Another sigh left his mouth as he put them in the trunk, closing it and quickly sitting in the drivers seat.

The silence was loud. The both of them were barely breathing, just short and sharp inhales to keep themselves alive. Every now and then a small sniffle would come out of her nose, but that was all.

"What are you going to miss the most?" Kevin finally spoke ten minutes into the car ride. Gina took a quick look at him, but then continued to look out the window.

"What would I miss..." she whispered under her breath.

"Yeah! Like I would miss all the friends I made in China and our neighbours! And the cute little Vietnamese restaurant we always get pho from. Oh and the grandma that always has that cute little angry dog in her arms. I'll even miss that stupid bird that wakes us up every morning!"

After Kevin listed off the things he would miss, another minute of silence took over the car. She had so many thing to miss, she could not really narrow it down to a few.

"I guess I'll miss how Mei Zou tries to stuff me with food, and how Ximen always makes fun of me for being clumsy. Lei would always make sure I'm warm, and Ah Si always gets angry for making fun of his jealousy. But I think I'd miss the air the most."

"The air?"

"Mhm, the air smells different. Cleaner. I'll miss the air because it represents the time I first went to Mingde."

"Oh, I have never noticed that." Kevin bit his lip as the girl went silent. He kept his eyes on the road, but he felt his eyes swelling up slowly. The air. She felt so close to the place that she would even miss the air. He looked over to her, watching as she had her head pressed against the window. She had fallen asleep, exhausted from the sleepless nights before.

He rolled down his window just a bit, taking a deep breath in.

Kevin was going to miss the air too.

___

This story is number 1 in #meteor ??
You guys make me feel so special.

As a thank you I will make a new story,
with the same darkish undertones
but you guys can pick the male lead.

It has to be a Kpop idol, and anyone
problematic or anything like that will
not even be taken into consideration.

Comment here please!