surviving // cheater!levi x flapper!reader

This is indeed a songfic:), any warnings are that there is a quick not too detailed lemon scene? idk what to call it but it's nothing intense. Can't even call it mature? idk. ALSO, I do want to add I haven't written in ages so I'm a bit rusty but I'm also bilingual so my vocabulary in both languages can tend to be a bit underdeveloped as I switch between the two constantly. Song: I will survive - Gloria GaynorTime era: 1920's Word count: 1,263

▂▃▄▅▆▇▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▇▆▅▄▃▂

At first, I was afraid, I was petrifiedKept thinking I could never live without you by my side But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrongAnd I grew strongAnd I learned how to get alongAnd so you're back From outer space I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key If I'd known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

The room was full of people, each one sitting in a plush velvet cushioned chair. When you were to say every type of person came to the show, there was every type. Of course, you'd have your rich men coddling pretty women, taunting them with their money while blowing tar-like smoke off to the side. Ash tumbling to the ground with a simple flick. You'd have your fortunate couple eager to listen to you sing, it wasn't every day people could afford such luxuries. Then you'd have your fellow women chatting around having a girls' night, wanting to prove that they didn't want or need a man to survive.

You knew very well that feeling. It wasn't so often a long term relationship would end so suddenly, especially with you. Just that passing weekend your (ex) husband had been caught dancing between the sheets with a good friend of yours. Oh, what a sight that was. Especially with having your 3-year-old son. It was so obvious, clear as day something was going on. There was a reason that auburn-haired girl was so close to your replica of a child.Image of the pair etched itself into your memories, a bubbling rage erupting through your corpse as you sang. Your voice projecting itself to the crowd and into their ears, as the lyrics reached their earholes with the passion oozing from it. That evening was replaying like a record right in front of your (e/c) orbs then and there.

-flashback-

It was a rather humid day, the sun was ablaze, projecting its usual UV rays down onto the planet. Levi, your husband was usually out for lunch right about now with his co-workers. Most likely sitting at the usual bar, conversing with the usual drink or two, and then went back to work. It wasn't uncommon, every man of the house did this in this little town. Apart from the more soft men who were looked down upon, like poor Armin. A real nice guy with blond locks. His gentle and kind nature was charming, most were probably threatened by it because it reeled in women either he noticed or not. In fact he was so kind, he'd take care of (S/n) for Levi and you. The blue-eyed sweetheart was always giving a helping hand with your child.

The ravenet had been told (by you), that you'd be out getting groceries and letting the little creature run about with friends. It never struck him, out of all people you'd come home early. No, instead he had planned a quick meeting with Petra Ral at the simple cottage-like house. He had left the tavern hurriedly, dressed in his high-raised cuffed trousers, white dress shirt- well you get the rest, don't you? Rivaille was a well-dressed gentleman, always sleek, always clean. Big on manners.

Truthfully, the steely-eyed man didn't wish to do this in all seriousness. He loved you, adored the woman he married. Yet his adventurousness got the best of him. The adrenaline that pumped through his veins as he pleased the soft-spoken redhead behind your back drove him insane. It made him sick though, he was acting on impulse. It ripped him to shreds that his mind and actions weren't fully linked, but it was no excuse. He knew that, even his good friend Erwin knew that.

Here he was again though with Petra clinging onto his muscular and nude form. Begging and pleading for him, worshipping him, and mumbling words he only ever wanted to hear erupt from your throat. The honey-eyed woman wanted to bear one of his children. It was wrong, this all was. Anger surged through him, why couldn't he part from her. Why was he hurting the very person he swore to never break, to always protect. Why in this moment, was he giving the body beneath him what it wanted.

Why? Why was he getting pleasure from this?

His body shook in shock as he released inside of that very 'family' friend. Heavy huffs, grunts filling the air. Then the deafening sound of the door opening.

Rivaille's blood went to a still, sobering up from his sexual thoughts. Grey orbs met (e/c) that swelled with tears, following the rest of the silhouette that held a smaller body. His wife's palm holding his son's ear and pressing the innocent optics to her soft clothed chest.

"Have her." Was all you could push out. Not even bothering to slam the threshold. No, you were a woman. No woman should step to the level of a man. Nonetheless a cheating man. You held your head up high and gathered the essentials, and parted ways. Rushing to Armin's to break down there and recuperate.

Just like that, you both had suffered. One with treachery, the other with culpability.

-current time-

Dazzling lighting brought you back to reality, blinding your very vision. Not a beat was missed as you reminisced, the sorrow at its best. Perhaps this was one of the finest of acts you had put together. People were in utter awe, some even singing along as they got the hang of it.It was all too magical, you were in your element and no one was stopping you. You were the wrecking ball in this joint, this was your stage, your moment.

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart Kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart And I spent oh-so many nights just feeling sorry for myself I used to cry But now I hold my head up high and you see me Somebody new I'm not that chained-up little person still in love with youAnd so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free Well, now I'm saving all my lovin' for someone who's loving me

There, between the coughing and laughing males was Rivaille. Instinctively he knew it was about him. Even an idiot could figure it out.

Taking out a match he lit the cigarette between his chapped peached lips. Eye contact never faltering with yours. The both of you burned holes into each other's sockets. Both thinking how the other was so good looking still even with the raw skin from many shed tears or the under bags showing the sleepless nights.

The elder male couldn't help but strut his way through the tables to you. Yet you wanted him to stop. To stop approaching you. He wanted to say something, it was important. Not important enough to you, as you cut him off.

"Oh no, not I, I will survive!" You bellowed, throwing your arm up in the air, allowing your body to flow with the music. The black rhinestones that were glued onto your lace dress that also dangled, glimmered.

The message was sent and delivered to the recipient. You were no toy, not a damsel in distress. You will survive without him.

And you were.