Epilogue

“A lonely bird singing on the field,
Hunt man sitting on the grass, watching the bricks to be build,

The cold breeze of wind made them stop,
A bird ready to hop,
Hunt man heard the tune that the lonely bird made, he then let it go,
To the things caging it so.”

_________

    Y S M A E L    

I was sheltered because my mother insisted. She was too afraid to lose me again like my other siblings that now are now in heaven. Mom had a multiple miscarriage that led her into depression, thank God gave me to her.. But sometimes I questioned everything.

She was too protective. I was locked up on a big mansion while my parents works on a company. I was alone, only the maids who's job is to attend me. Sometimes on social gathering head families thought that I have disability.. Mom always telling me that I'm no different. I'm like them, that I'm bound to be sheltered for her peace of mind. She cannot afford to lose me again or else she'll die, she said.

There's no such thing as freedom. The thing I have is temporary not until I met a beautiful disaster.

I'm too nervous while driving my car. This is my first day as a CEO on Dela Serna. Dad said I should learn things outside as usual mom interfere but dad didn't gave her any chances. Kagaya niya ay takot din akong maging arugain pagtanda. Wala akong kapansanan kaya dapat lang na matuto ako ng mga bagay-bagay. She cannot cooed me lifetime! “I think I'll be late..” I said.

[“It’s your first day as a CEO. Don't give them a bad impression about you, Ysmael. Hurry up!”]

“Okay, wait–––” dahil sa pagkalito at taranta’y kamuntikan ko ng masagasaan ang isang babae sa gilid. Naroon ang takot na baka makulong dahil illegal ang paggamit ng phone habang nagmamaneho. Fuck! “Miss–––” I was cut off when the lady knock my glass window multiple times. My eyes widened at the view.

Galit na galit ito.  "Magdahan-dahan ka nga sa pagmamaneho! Traffic oh! Iyo ba ang kalsada?!"

Dali-dali kong kinalas ang seatbelt. “I-I’m sorry miss...” I stop midway realizing that my car is heavy tinted and no way she'll hear my explanation.

"Hoy! Tanga ka ba?! Wala kang konsiderasyon! Wala kang puso! Wala kang sense of direction! Wrong way ka!" She said before marching off. I’m astonished at her the first woman to threw such a harsh attitude.

No one in my life shouted me that way even it's my fault. Well mom will punish them and will make their life miserable like on the telenovela. Nang makaalis ang babae’y kinalma ko muna ang sarili bago magmaneho ulit. Such a guilt, ni hindi ako najahingi ng dispensa sa maayos na paraan.

The moment I stepped on the grounds of Dela Serna Company I sprinted. I was eagerly waiting for the elevator to open, I can't stain my parents reputation! Tapping my foot on the marble tiles the woman besides me entered the elevator. My forehead creased when she raised her hand making me stop.

"Huh?" Taka kong sabi.

Nanatili ang seryosong tingin nito sa akin. "Don't follow me, wait for the next elevator. I don't want to ride this elevator with you."

Umawang ang mga labi ko sa narinig.
"What the hell?"  Aniya. Instead of letting myself to be annoyed with her I tried to step inside the elevator when she hurriedly push the floor button.

Before the doors closed her words became a remark. "Huwag sabi! Hindi mo ba ako kakilala? Ako ang may-ari ng company na ito. " At bumelat pa nga.