34. No Place Like Newquay

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter thirty-four, no place like newquay

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖DRIA LOCKABY ➖august 1993

DRIA LOCKABY
august 1993

"HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!"

Dria's head shot up from her hand of cards at the sound of the Irish accent with which the words were said, and her eyes widened as they landed on the sight before her.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Jackie was stood, not two feet from the blonde, upon the front deck of Penny's parents' beach house — where, until ten seconds prior, she had been playing a rather exhilarating game of Cheat with Tess — and was drenched from head to toe with a shit-eating grin on her face as she clutched a carpet bag that was also dripping with water.

"Turns out I'm not great at Apparating." Jackie confessed, as she reached up to wring the water out of her hair. "Fell in the Irish Sea twice."

"At least you didn't lose an eyebrow." Dria chuckled, as the Hufflepuff threw her bag down and dragged a chair over to sit beside the blonde.

"It grew back, okay?" Tess cried in objection to her fellow Gryffindor's comment, narrowing her eyes slightly as she grumbled. "It was only gone for like three weeks."

Dria's gaze shot back to her cards, pursing her lips before withdrawing two and placing them face down on the growing pile in the middle of the table.

"Two sevens."

"Cheat."

"Fuck!"