Kara x Reader || Race

(Y/N) = Your name

(F/C) = Fur color

(E/C) = Eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) trudged along the Barren lands territory by themselves, marking the borders and whatnot. Their fur swayed slightly in the calm breeze as they walked, tail swishing from side to side.

Suddenly, something rushed past them in the bushes. Their ears pricked and they turned their head. A flash of yellow and cyan rushed past them.

"Who's there?!" They yipped sharply, peeling their lips back in a snarl.

Then, it pounced on them.

They snarled and attempted to get up, thrashing around.

"Calm down, its me! Kara! (Y/N)! You're fine!"

They stopped trying to escape and scoffed. "What did I tell you about sneaking up on me?" Kara chuckled. "Sorry, I just couldn't resist." (Y/N) growled and checked themselves over as Kara stepped off of them. Once they made sure they weren't hurt, they stepped back. Kara tilted her head slightly, chuckling. 

(Y/N) smirked. "I bet I can run faster than you can.."

"Ha! Like hell you can!"

"Prove it!" With that, (Y/N) took off running.

She chased after them, laughing loudly.

"I love you, (Y/N)! Will you be my-"

~~~~~~

"Kara? Kara. Kara, wake up!"

Kara groaned, slowly blinking her eyes open. Too slow for (Y/N).

"Damien wants us hunting. Now." (Y/N) shuffled impatiently. 

Kara got up, hiding her face for some reason. 

"C'mon!" (Y/N) took off running. Kara bolted after them.

They eventually got to their destination. (Y/N) was sneaking up on a crow, nose twitching. 

"Ahh!"

(Y/N) snarled loudly as they were knocked off their paws, scaring the bird away.

"Are you KIDDING ME?" 

Kara flushed, drawing her ears back. "S-Sorry, (Y/N).. I just got scared.." 
(Y/N) scoffed. "Fine. Lets go find a rabbit or something." They gave her an affectionate lick before walking off.

~~~

(Y/N) was holding some prey in their mouth, putting it down and flicking their tail as they waited for Kara to show up.

She eventually did, a flower dangling from her mouth instead of a mouse. 

"Huh-?"

"(Y/N).. I.."

"You..?" 

"I.. I.." She stuttered. "I love you, (Y/N).."

"Kara, I.. I love you too." (Y/N) walked toward her, touching their nose to hers. (F/C) clashing against yellow fur. (E/C) eyes gazing into hers. 

They stayed like that for a while, not really saying anything.

After a while, (Y/N) spoke. 

"I bet I can beat you in a race to camp!"

"Not a chance!"