White And Red

On the western outskirts of Tokyo, lies a small village called Tsukuyomi, which is overflowing with good atmosphere and greenery. In the past, this town was known far and wide for its strange rules, which everyone had to abide by. But over the years, this rule was forgotten and no one remembers the legend that the old people believed in.

The village of Tsukuyomi was always involved in different rumors and there was always a different legend on the lips of the villagers. On this occasion, the legend spoke of a cursed child with red eyes who would bring the cataclysm with him the moment he was born in this world.

The cursed child was not the only legend that the elders spoke of, they also spoke of the child blessed by God. However, the blessed one would always be born in the neighboring village --- Amaterasu village --- thanks to the blessed one, the Amaterasu village was always prosperous and poverty never befell the people.

That is why the villagers of Tsukuyomi erected a shrine deep in the forest and selected the most beautiful woman in their village to assume the role of priestess. The village chief wanted the blessed one to be born in Tsukuyomi, he believed that if there was a priestess praying to his god, a blessed child would be born.

The head of the Kageura clan, who is the father of the priestess, told his daughter to marry the strongest member of the Kageura clan, that way God would bless her child. Priestess Himiko did not want to marry a man from the same clan as her, but they have a tradition of only marrying members of the same clan, she cannot break the tradition.

The priestess ended up fulfilling her father's wishes, she married the strongest man in the Kageura clan. Even when she didn't love this man, she married him, hoping that her baby would be blessed by their god.

After a few years, the priestess became pregnant with her first child. All the villagers were excited, they wanted to see the baby, since they believed that the blessed one was inside Himiko's womb. Compared to the villagers, Himiko was happy, not because her baby could be blessed, she was just happy to become a mother.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

On a stormy night, the priestess was in labor. She was lying on a blanket inside the shrine, where she lived for most of her life. Everyone present did their best to help her give birth, that no one noticed that red flowers were blooming around the shrine.

The baby was born without any complications, he was a healthy child. The mother was so happy to know that her son was healthy, that she wanted to hold her baby and take a closer look at him.

The priestess's servant was holding the baby, she approached Himiko, smiled as she handed the baby to the mother. Himiko looked at her baby with longing in her eyes, she caressed the baby's small face with her fingers.

Himiko smiled kindly, but couldn't help but think. "Why didn't my baby cry?" She could hear her baby breathing, his little hands moving, but he hadn't cried once.

She thought that maybe the baby must be mute, or maybe he is a quiet baby, whatever it is, Himiko would love her baby no matter what. However, she did not know that something was wrong with her baby, until his eyes opened.

The priestess couldn't believe what she was looking at, the baby's eyes are red like the petals of the Spider Lily. Everyone believed that Himiko's son was going to be blessed by god, but instead of being blessed, the child was cursed by the flowers that attract death.

Himiko immediately panicked, her son could be in danger if anyone noticed his red eyes. She needs to protect her baby and to do that, she would give the child to the mystical cherry tree. Since if the baby stays here with its mother, it will surely be killed.