4. Trouble brewing

Start from the beginning

That was until...

"I wrote Sirius" The words tumbling out of me before I could catch them.

He didn't say anything. Instead just stared at me, his eyes glazed over with pure shock, his jaw practically audible as it hit the floor.

"Say something" I was nervous now. He didn't appear angry, not that he had any reason to be, but he was clearly astonished.

"That's great pup, um.. any particular reason?" His words came out broken and laced with complete disbelief.

"It was time" I said simply before turning my attention towards the door and began walking towards it slowly, unsure if I was ready to leave.

I slipped out the door, closing it softly behind me but not before briefly pulling my head back through the crack.

"I love you dad"

"Love you too pup"

~~~~~

I made my way to the great hall for breakfast after departing with Remus, walking timidly, still slightly not sure about my way around the castle. I watched the floor as I walked, seemingly lost in my own thoughts, a concoction of Sirius and Malfoy and that ridiculous redhead I still couldn't escape.

I most obviously should have been paying more attention to my quickening strides and I turned a sharp corner only for my forehead to come into contact, full force, with someone's chest.

"Someones in a hurry" he joked, his voice beautifully thick and sweet.

I step backwards slightly, looking up at him cautiously.

There was no indication of inner angst or animosity in his hazel-brown eyes, rather a look of warmth spreading its way across his features. His mousy locks were tousled slightly and a few lonesome strands of hair fell over his eyes, disrupting his gaze. I watched him for a moment, as he did me.

"I am so sorry" I quickly blurted out, realising that I hadn't actually spoken yet.

"Not to worry, honest mistake" He reassured me with a bright smile, the type of smile that seemed to radiate happiness.

"I'm Ardelle Black, by the way" I admitted reluctantly, expecting to see his features washed with disapproval. But rather he stuck out his hand plainly, and waited for me to take it.

"I'm Oliver, Oliver Wood," He said kindly. "Mind if I walk with you to breakfast?" He questioned, pointing to his Gryffindor robes, and I motioned for him to take the lead as we walked towards the great hall.

As we walked toward the Gryffindor table, the twins, Harry, Hermione and Ginny were all in excited conversation, Ron simply just observing as he shovelled food into his mouth. I couldn't quite pick up what they were saying until I sat myself next to George and heard the mention of a party.

"Did I hear someone say party?" I interjected, watching all eyes fall to me and there once busting conversation screeching to a halt.

"Yeah, Gryffindor common room tonight" Harry muttered in a nonchalant and muted tone, likely not wanting to attract the attention of the Slytherins seated behind him.

"We wanted to give you a proper Gryffindor welcome" Ginny added, a proud smile tugging at her lips.

"Even though it's a Monday" Hermione tutted as she perked up from the herbology book in front of her and interjected.

"Merlin's sake 'Mione loosen up, it's nothing big, just some Gryffindors and music" Ron groaned between mouthfuls, clearly fed up with Hermione's level head.