Chapter 3 - What are you Doing Step-Dream?

Start from the beginning

He paused, "you sure? i can stay, george said he'll stream with sap."

You nodded, "im sure." There was an air of finality in your voice that Dream felt he couldn't argue with.

"He said in ten minutes so we have a bit of time," he muttered, his keyboard still audible in the background.

You leaned your head into your hand. You wondered what they were going to stream. Maybe the smp?

You covered your mouth as a short snicker escaped. "What?" the other asked, curiosity in his voice.

"I was just-" you giggled, "gonna stream the smp?"

"whats wrong with the- oh."

"just a guess but i dont think you'll be needed much if he streams on the smp Dream." You laughed.

"thats so dumb Twix," he sighed, smiling a little.

"coz youre in jaiiiil," you whispered into your mic.

At that he wheezed, his tea kettle laughter sounding through the call as you joined him, your breath leaving you in silent laughter.

"thats-" you paused to catch your breath, "thats so stupid, howd you laugh too??"

"im not sure," he breathed, his mouth still stuck in a goofy grin.

You heard him get a discord notification. He sighed, "why does he still text me? he's literally in the other room."

"Sapnap?"
"Yeah. I gotta go now."
"oki doke."
"byeeeeee"
"see ya."

Dream hesitated before leaving, his mouse hovering over the screen.
"Dream?" he heard you ask.

"uh, sorry, got distracted. talk to you later?" he asked hopefully before he could stop himself. It was nice talking to someone other than his circle of friends, and it helped that conversations with you were so easy.

your energy was so different than his other friend's, but he couldn't quite place how.

"sure!! if you end up getting done streaming before i do, im gonna stay in the call so you can just join me if you want, okay?"

He smiled, "bet."

he left the call.

He joined the call with George and Sapnap not even a whole minute afterwards. "yo."

"GET YOUR BOYFRIEND UNDER CONTROL DREAM!!!"

sighing, you tugged off your headphones and tucked your hair behind your raw ears, sore and hot from wearing headphones for so long.

you really werent looking forward to being left alone with yourself.

but thats why you were gonna stream soon.

You soon got the notification for Sapnap's stream, dream team dream team dream team.

standing up, you looked around the room and decided to trade your hoodie for a black tank top and light gray jacket. for no reason really, you just felt like it.

you made your way to the kitchen and stopped in front of one of the cabinets. You had to stand on your tippy toes to grab a bowl from the cabinet, so you became extra careful so not to drop the glass bowl. it was your favorite because the design in it looked like f/f (favorite flower).

You tried your best to go through the motions idly, without thinking, scared of what would happen when you crashed from the euphoric high that you were riding. Technoblade AND Dream had been on call with you for over eight hours. they slept on call!! with you!!!

You hoped you didnt snore.

You grabbed the half-empty coffee-flavored ice cream container from the freezer and placed it next to the pretty bowl on the counter.

youre going to stream with Techno later, he agreed to it. what would you guys do? you hummed a small tune to yourself, a song you couldn't quite remember the name of. Maybe you should tell him you have zero progress whatsoever in Skyblock. You could stream the beginning of your island.

you pulled the whipped cream from the fridge and headed back up the stairs, can and bowl in hand.

you sat at your desk and took a bite of ice cream, keeping the spoon in your mouth as you muted yourself then minimized the Discord tab to open chrome and navigate to youtube.

you scrolled through videos for a bit before deciding on rewatching some of Ranboo's videos.

when you had watched three videos and still hadnt finished, you watched someone's screen recording of Techno's latest smp stream, the one where him and Ranboo explored an ocean monument.

You let yourself space out as you watched the stream, your hearing focusing on Techno and Ranboo's voices as you absentmindedly ate your ice cream and stared blankly at the bright monitor.

~~

"hullooo?"

you jumped at the notification noise followed immediately by a voice, having forgotten you were still in a call. youd watched at least two hours worth of the stream.

you scrambled to bring up discord and unmute yourself, "hey! hi," you greeted, a smile playing on your lips at the familiar monotone voice.

he chuckled, "hi."

"i havent started yet," you said, adjusting your position in your chair to sit correctly rather than the strange, but comfortable position you were previously in.

"i know. Dream left you?"
"Yeah. Hes with Sapnap and George."
"And he called me flakey."

You snorted as you closed the tab with Youtube open.

"Im gonna put this bowl in the sink downstairs ill be right back."
"okayyy,"

You rushed to put the dish in the sink and stopped for a second. Your smile widened and your hands brought themselves in front of your chest and curled into small fists of excitement.

You were sure that even if he called you more often in the future, you'd never get over this feeling.

"Okay okay, im back."
"halloo."

You opened Twitch and Techno made idle small talk as you set everything up. "What should i name it?"
"Hmm."
"hmm," you mimicked, cocking your head as you waited for his response.
"committing monster-fueled arson with the blood god."

You giggled, "sounds perfect."

~~