Chapter 2: The Producer, Part II

╰┈ ➤ ❝ The consequences of your foolishness has brought me a lifetime of heartbreak

𝑵𝑶𝑾 𝑳𝑶𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮 . . .

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"THE WITNESS STATEMENTS and the site of the incident are telling two different stories... I need to see the face of this so-called romance hero of the century." Jiah stated, staring down at the torn and fur-ridden empty wedding dress in the center of the huge marriage hall.

"I'll retrieve the footage from the security cameras." Jaehwan added, sharing a curt nod with his coworker before hurrying off, leaving the woman (who was clearly on to something) to take a closer look, and capture evidence.

Pulling out her phone, Jiah silently bent down to the floor, picking up the beautiful (yet destroyed) dress in one hand, zooming in with her camera: finding small splotches of blood at the sleeves. Click. Torn fabric at the hemline. Click. Clumps of orange hair on the inside of the skirt. Click.

Jiah had never sent something so fast.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Yunhee let out a sigh as she switched off the engine of her car, grabbing the case file and her phone before stepping out to shut her door as she stood outside the front of the veterinarian Jiah told her to consult for the evidence she found. She knew the slaughter was done by the hands of a nine-tailed fox, and that the death was a fox as well. The evidence was obvious... For someone who was of that same species, but such a thing would lead to her own exposure.

The property was of decent size, it wasn't tiny nor huge. In fact, the ambiance once Yunhee stepped foot was quite comforting. Hopefully, the same would go for the inside.

She headed up the mini staircase and opened the front door to be welcomed with a family-friendly interior, and the scent of multiple animals - thanks to her heightened senses. Her arrival sparked the attention of the owner, who also seemed to be the vet as well, and made him look up from his paperwork.

"Hello, I'm Writer Yunhee from TVC," Yunhee spoke up politely, her eyes widening at the man's figure once he stood up and she had gotten a better look at him, "I called you earlier about examining some evidence we gathered at a crime scene earlier?" She explained, her heartbeat running wild as the sound pounded in her ears from her nerves - any confidence she might've previously had was shattered.

This man was handsome.

"Ah, welcome, what do you need me to look at?" He greeted kindly, adjusting the round-framed glasses on his face. As Yunhee pulled out her phone to bring up the photos and evidence of the hair that Jiah had sent her, He was taken aback by how gorgeous the writer was, he thought that she should've taken on acting or modeling with that kind of beautiful face.