I opened my mouth to protest, but his next move held me rooted in place.

His mouth fell on mine, his tongue diving into my mouth and slipping against mine. I gasped, my hands flying up to push on his shoulders instinctively, but he didn't budge and I didn't push hard enough because as soon as it sank in that Adam John Wayne was kissing me, my hands fell to Adam's arms where I held him close to me.

My cheeks flushed with color as I lifted my eyes to meet Adam's. His hazel eyes were watching me intensely, but in a way that gave me chills. I moaned, feeling his tongue slide dangerously close to my fangs, but then it hit me what was happening and alarm flashed through me.

I pushed hard this time, gasping for breath as he took a step back, but only a step. I covered my mouth, breathing hard as I looked up into Adam's face, meeting his eyes again.

"Why did you push me away?" He asked me, his voice deadly serious. My eyes searched his face for any indication that he was teasing me or making fun of me, but there was none. He was dead serious about having kissed me, and wondering why I pushed him away.

"I-I--"

"I know you like me," Adam spoke, his voice eerily calm, "I know you watch me all the time. I feel your eyes on me. So let me ask you again, Julian... Why did you push me away?" My heart ached and I could feel my expression melting in pain as I studied Adam's face before everything that had been locked up inside me spilled out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to say anything because I thought you'd hate me and I knew if I told you later that you'd hate me even more because one of the rules is to tell the group everything and I didn't want to say anything because I couldn't stand the thought of you hating me and now I'm really confused as to why you kissed me and how you even got here." I let out all that in one, run-on sentence that left me out of breath in the end.

Adam frowned at me, studying my face before stepping back to watch me. I stood there, feeling stupid and my cheeks so fiery with red that my face probably looked like a damn tomato.

"We took Jason's car." Adam said at last, referring to Seth's older brother. I said nothing now, just watched him look away thoughtfully.

"I'm... sorry, but... why did you kiss me?" I dared to ask. That was the one thing that hung in the air, unanswered and so naked that it made me shiver a little. Adam studied the walls for a while before looking at me with a droll stare.

"Obviously I like you, Julian. I don't kiss people I don't like. And I came all the way here because I knew your parents were going to do that stupid thing where they're trying to marry you off like a poor girl in the movies. Not even your parents are going to take you away from me, because believe it or not, I already own you."

Most people would've been alarmed at hearing such a statement.

But I wasn't most people, so that explained why my cock jumped and I held my breath, leaning against the wall as Adam approached me again, reaching up to brush his fingertips by my cheek. I sucked in a sharp breath at the feel of his warm fingers on my skin.

I could barely believe this was happening. To me. Adam liked me. He even said it. This was the stuff that I had dreamt about and part of me figured I must still be asleep. Adam wouldn't confess like this. I was just dreaming all of this up.

"You're not going to push me away." It sounded more like a question than a statement, though, as Adam leaned in to brush his lips against mine, tickling them with his breath and the wet tip of his tongue. I moaned a little, ready to part my lips when I remembered what I was doing.

No.

I mean, yes, I wanted this. Goddess, did I want it so bad that my pants were tenting and my fingers itching to grab onto Adam's well-muscled body.