"Have you tried blood wine before, Julian?" Wulf asked me after I didn't respond. I frowned.

"I'm underage and it contains alcohol. Not to mention, my parents would rip my head off." I added, dropping any formalities. Wulf surprised me with a smirk as he held the glass out to me, showing off the dark red liquid floating inside.

"I won't tell." He said. Oh, that's such a cheap trick. He was trying to get me drunk. Blood wine was probably the strongest alcoholic drink in the world and for someone my size, I'd be drunk after a few sips of it. I took a small step back.

"I politely decline. Besides, I'm not feeling well. Please tell my parents." I added. Wulf shrugged and gave me a polite nod before I turned around and headed toward the exit of the ballroom. Knowing I was safe with my back to everyone, I scowled and reached up to undo another button so my collarbone was exposed .

Disgusting.

I hate these stupid rich people parties. It wasn't my slice of fattening cake. I rolled my eyes and walked out into the hallway. I started to go by a short hallway that led to a couple restrooms when a strong grip caught my elbow, making me yelp. I was torn into the hallway and slammed into a wall. I opened my mouth to snap at whoever had done it when my eyes met Adam's.

My jaw dropped and I started to sputter, but he clasped his hand over my mouth, muffling my voice. Behind him, Kipp and Seth were glancing around quickly before flashing me identical grins. My eyes wide, I looked at Adam in panic.

What were they doing here?!

How did they even get in without drawing attention to themselves?! Oh my god. Oh my god. This was so bad! What were they even doing?! How had Vladimir or any of his servants not catch them?! How did they even get here if they didn't have a car? Oh my god.

Adam kept his hand over my mouth and slipped an arm around my waist, looking at Kipp and Seth with a silent nod, receiving two in response, before he pulled me into the bathroom and threw me at one of the walls. I yelped, stumbling and doing a quick spin before I caught myself to face Adam, who shut the door and locked it behind him.

"What're you doing here?!" My voice was choked and horrified. Had they seen our fangs? The blood wine? Anything vampiric at all? Adam raised an eyebrow, and I hated how sexy he looked when he gave me that amused look. He already looked drop dead gorgeous in his skintight leather pants and matching v-neck under his black sweatshirt and leather jacket, his Harleys finishing off his attire.

"We got bored with movies and decided to follow you. Your parents' car was really easy to follow because your dad drives like an idiot." He responded. I sputtered some more, trying to find something coherent to say, but it just came out in frustrated slurs and curses. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration before I took deep breathes and shook my head, pushing off the wall.

"Y-You have to leave! Like, right now! All of you need to go back to Silver Stone and--"

"And who put you in charge?" Adam asked me, his voice dark. I stiffened for a moment, the authority in his voice making me snap my mouth shut before I stuttered.

"B-But, Adam, please, you really shouldn't be here. You could get in so much trouble. You have no idea how freaky my family is! If they find out you're here, they'll--"

"What? Kill us?" Adam deadpanned. I almost said "no shit", but managed to catch myself as I just shook my head, going to the door to leave.

"You need to leave. This was such a dumb idea, who's was it?"

"Mine."

"Sorry."

"You should be. You didn't look happy at all," Adam told me, making me stop in front of the door, frowning, "Your parents are bossing you around again, Julian. They may be the people who take care of you, but they aren't the people who care." I winced, shaking my head before trying to take the doorhandle, but Adam caught my shoulder and spun me around, slamming me into the door.