10 - the usual day

Start from the beginning

. . you . "

he lifted his sword again and motioned for the other to get a move on with a small sigh .

" he happy i didn't bring out the mace today now come on merlin."

" well - " his black brows raise slightly , debating if he should answer the other , the truth is he hadn't - just from watching them all these years hed of picked up a thing or two - or at least thats what he thought .

only mirroring his grin , he couldn't help himself , as it just happened to be contagious , but it disappears the second the other spoke .

falling deadpanned with a gulp && a shake falls to his head " . . arthur i - " he clenches his jaw with a sigh , taking a step back or two " . . please no - "

even the most patient of men can have their buttons pushed to a level of impatience and arthurs seemed to slowly be rising as he spun his sword in his hand. " come on now surely you were wanting to I mean you did open your big mouth after all."

he drawled out, smirk ever so playful despite the situation.

despite his teasing he wasn't planning on doing target practice he just wanted to push merlin a little even going as far as gently poking him with his dull blade .

" lets go, you might want to get that shield up before i start swinging . . it won't cut you but it will leave nice bruises . "

the raven haired boy had already regretted even coming over to him , clenching his jaw as his fingers gripped the handle , sending him a forced smile && squints his eyes , clearing being sarcastic " . . wasn't implying that i didn't when i said / dont tell / me - no , not at all - "

he simply took a few steps back , shifting the shield up , hunching his shoulders , readying himself " just get it over with - "

said man watched the other closer for a moment, the undeniable smirk that slowly curled at his lips from his displeasure was quickly hidden with a cough as he readied himself .

" right . dont worry merlin just keep the shield up and you'll be fine . "
he swung first, coming into contact with a loud clang before he advanced. one foot forward the other back Arthur hit the shield once more." hold it higher."

he just rolls his blue hues at the other , making a note in his mind , telling himself that he'd for sure get him back later, fixing his step && hunches his shoulders as the other took a swing , theyd of done this numerous times , yet it was still something his servant hated

" its as tight as i can bloody hold it - " he retorts back , quickly ducking his head behind it , fixing his step

"perhaps that's because your form is all wrong." he remarked after another blow, taking a step back." though I'm sure that shields too heavy for you isn't it ? If you'd straighten your back and drop your shoulders it would give you higher room to raise the shield allowing you to not be so stiff . "

another swing to the object, the familiar clanging sound filling the blondes ears before he backed off.

if his expressions weren't dead enough already , they were now . " .. im stronger than i look , excuse you - " his brows stitch together as he frowns , startling into action && shifts it back up in front of him to protect
himself as the blonde took another swing .

placing his sword in the ground the kings eyes on merlin for a moment , letting out a soft huff he seemed to have settled on something to speak once more .

" put the shield down and pick up one of the training swords.."

a small tilt falling to his head , he fell confused , fingers gripping the handle a little tighter . jaw clenching a little as he spoke

" .. you've got to be kidding me - id rather be prancing through a field at this point , with .. giaus than being almost stabbed by you at this point "

he rambles about as he sets the shield aside , shuffling over to grab a sword , taking in a small breath

"you really aren't . " he murmured but grinned at his actions.

he just sighs , eyeing the other with the corner of his blue hues . " .. in front of you ? no way .. "

" and , well I could let you prance . . make you a moving target .. besides merlin they aren't sharp theyre training swords you're just a baby for everything."

he awaited the other farther out in the field , his own sword pointed against the ground with a small smile playing at his lips.

his brows raise , turning back around once hed of grabbed one , fixing his grip slightly " .. im no baby i just.. have other things to do.. like.. getting you flowers but.. now that i think about it.. i dont think you deserve them - "

catching his gaze he sends him a smile back , sarcastic as ever

" you prance when others are watching ? " he crinkled his nose, pulling his sword from the ground when Merlin appeared to be ready .

" firstly you are, secondly I do deserve your flowers and if you do not get them for me I will call george in to give me supper and my bath tonight leaving you to muck the stables. now, ready up . "

" dont be ridiculous - i was being sarcastic about it - i dont .. prance in front of anyone you prat - " he retorts back , flinging his wrist upward as the blade went with it , regretting as to even opening his mouth , expressions falling as his jaw dropped slightly

he pulled his sword up into a defensive stance, his smile turning dull into a serious gaze.

" you wouldn't dare .. might as well just leave the grounds - " sure , he was joking , as if hed be able to .. both hands holding it outward as if it were the shield , deciding to let the other do as he pleased , not really wanting to fight

" i could see you prancing." He shrugged giving the sword a small twirl .
" i would, I'm sure you'd enjoy a night of anyway hm ? well wouldnt really be a night off but you could spend the whole night picking flowers for me . "

" .. well - maybe with you - " he scoffed " .. we could leave - get some land far away .. donno if youd be able to handle it , though - " a shake fell to his head , blue hues widening " the / whole / night ? how
desperate are you ? "

arthur took one glance at the way he held the sword and let out a sigh . " you're holding it wrong , grip the base of the hilt with your one hand - and space out your other hand to grab the top."

he showed him using his own sword before reaching forward to guid his hands.

" im not as good as you at this .. im not the one who trains as much as you so just .. shut up and get this over with - " he cant help but glare at the other . only tightening his grip .

"if i leave who would rule my people ? I can not abandon them . . though i have thought about getting a farm , you would do all the work though . "

he rolled his eyes at the remark and gave him a small nudge." i am not desperate... i don't get desperate now shut up and focus." he thumped his hand lightly before raising his own sword with a hum .

" you listened to me then you could train so much more. now block left." he spoke before striking at the left side

" i wasnt being ... serious - its called — dreaming of what you cant have .. idiot - but me ? doing the work ... spouse it wouldn't be any different — now would it - " although they wouldn't have to hide ... they could be themselves and .. focus on each other , without any worries as to what would come ... did sound nice , in a way .

he just raises a brow at his words , something to banter about to him later , " well - maybe i dont want to trai - " hes cut off as his reflexes kick in , clinging his blade with the other

———
an : hi all - im at 2000 again
so ima stop here unless yall want me to write longer pages ??
lemme know