The Light Before the Dark part 1.

Authors Note: Boo! Did I scare you? I've waited over two months for this, if it wasn't scary enough I'll just need to make it four months next time. Jokes aside, looking back upon this story I feel the same way as when I first started writing it. That my old work (now this one) is poorly written. Butttt I like Jack and so I'll keep writing the story I want to tell. Although I'm going to work on a chapter for my Male ReaderxPina next or continue on my new story which is hopefully my best one yet. 

Part 2.

Chapter 7.

We've been sitting in silence for a while now. Jack's head resting on my shoulder as we sit and wait. It's almost been an hour. I don't know what's going to happen when I tell him, so I'm going to enjoy this weekend to the fullest.

"I'm sorry for making you worry, it wasn't right of me to push you away like that," I said sincerely.

"Yeah, it wasn't," Jack was still a little annoyed at the situation but tried to let go for the moment.

"But, as long as you tell me whatever has been on your mind after this weekend, I'll forgive you," his tone let up and his frown eased up.

"Anyway, what is this place anyway?" I asked inquisitively with the best most genuine tone I had all day.

Jack chuckled like it was our own private joke, he smiled at me and kissed me lightly. It felt like everything was fine again, the way I want it to be. Are silly romantic soules mingling, but I know that we just want to believe that. Once his weekend ends things might stay the same or could completely change.

"Well, they were going to head to a love hotel downtown. But, since we're coming they decided on a small hot spring instead."

"Well, as long as we're together," I stood up and offered my hand.

He took my hand gracefully and stood up. This weekend will be our romantic evening, one that we'll remember. Our hands locked together as we walked towards the lobby. As we stepped through the wide doorway we saw Louis and Legoshi on the opposing side of the room, getting up to meet us.

"Due to the short notice," he glanced annoyed at Jack before turning his eyes to me.

Legoshi was standing directly behind Louis and he was slightly arching. His head was right in between Louis' antlers.

"There wasn't a ton I could book in advance, but because of some of the connections I have I was able to book a private lunch in a garden down the road," his tone let up as he rested his left arm on his waist.

"It's supposedly good, but we'll see. Legoshi wanted to," he paused, from what I've heard about him I was actually kinda relieved, I thought he would be much more intimidating in person.

"Walk there," he sounded displeased, I guess he wasn't one to take in the scenery.

"Anyways I need to grab something from our room before we head down, so you two should head along," Louis turned around and walked clumsily into Legoshi's chest. He stayed there for a moment and whispered something. Legoshi's tail started slowing wagging and he turned his head to the right while blushing softly. Before we knew it, they were off to their room to do whatever they pleased. I and Jack started out the door and down the road.

"So, how was your car ride with Louis?" I asked as we held hands.

"It was fine, we were silent for most of the car ride. What about you?" he shot back the question.

Jack scooted a little bit closer to me and leaned into me slightly. His warm fur pressing against mine.

"Eh, he asked a couple of questions, I answered politely, and then an awkward silence fell upon us," I lied convincingly.

"But he's a cool dude," I wrapped my arm around jack.

"Thanks for bringing me here," I looked down and my hand.

"It looked like you needed this, his your paw hurting?" he asked.

"No, not at all. It's still weird for me, not to have human hands. Having a muzzle, tail," I turned my head.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to it. Not that's bad or anything," I said the last part of my sentence rather quickly.

"I don't blame you, must be weird being turning from going sapien to canine," he said casually.

"Yeah, but as long as I keep on living and enjoying life," I ignored my previous thought and sadness hovering over me.

"I'll be happy," I turned to Jack and smiled as a gust of wind blew my ill thoughts away for just a second.

The garden just ahead.