one and prob only part *sigh*

Niki and Clay were inseparable. They were always together, whether it be at school, or after. At first glance one would see the two as polar opposites, completely incompatible with each other. But in reality, they were the best of friends.

Niki Tirade, the sweet and soft hearted girl, was insanely smart and the head editor for the school's newspaper. Niki had blond hair, and beautiful blue eyes, that were covered by a pair of glasses. Niki rarely got upset, but when she did, it was the scariest thing ever. She stayed so insanely calm, with a level voice, but you could see the fury in her eyes. Only a few people have actually made her this made, and they very quickly changed their terrible personalities after the experience. (a/n dont ask bout the last name was part of the weirdchamp assignment)

Then there was Clay Force- quarterback of the high school football team. He had dirty-blonde hair, emerald-green eyes, and so nice muscles. Clay normally wore green hoodies On the outside he was tough and the most brave person ever. He was easily the strongest person at the school. But underneath his thick shell, he was super kind hearted, and the softest person ever. Only Niki and his family ever got to see him like this. And even then, it didn't happen very often, as he was terrible at expressing his emotions. (a/n same for this last name)

They had been friends since kindergarten, when Niki shared her crayons, because Clay had forgotten his own. Now, they were Seniors in high school. How they had managed to stay close for over ten years, was a mystery to all. They had seen each other through thick and thin. One of their hardest periods they went though was in middle school.

*Flashback*

Clay had started to be seen as more popular and started hanging out with the popular kids. Meanwhile, Niki was only seen as the nerdy girl. While Clay got more friends, she was stuck with only Clay as her friend. She wanted Clay to be happy, so she didn't stop him from leaving her. Niki started being more alone.

This same year was when Niki got her first taste at being bullied. She knew that it was a thing that had happened, but our sweet Niki had never experienced it. She cried all day at the hurtful words that were said towards her. And to make it worse, she couldn't go to Clay about it, because her bully was none other than one of Clay's new friends, and she didn't want to be the cause for him ending a friendship.

The Friday afternoon after the bullying started, Clay came over to her house. This wasn't iregual, as they used to spend every waking second together. He missed Niki greatly, and planned to apologize for not spending as much time with her. What he did not plan for, was seeing Niki on the floor crying. He rushed to Niki's side and comforted her until she stopped crying. He then asked her why she was crying. And with shaky breath, Niki explained what happened. Clay stood up with his hands clenched and teeth gritted and walked out of the house. Niki shouted after him, but he kept walking at a fast pace. She tried to run after him, but he was too fast for her to catch up. Eventually she gave up and decided to talk to Clay on Monday at school.

The next Monday, Clay walked in with bruised knuckles. Niki ran up to him and asked him where he went on Friday, and what happened to his hand. Her questions were answered by her bully, Jonathan, walking in with a poorly covered black eye. Clay seeing where she was looking, replied with a simple, Popularity means nothing if it hurts you, as he pulled her into a hug. Little did they know that this wouldn't be the only incident with Johnathon.

*Back to the present time*

Niki and Clay walked together to a park near their houses. They were having a very heated debate on who the best Jonas brother was- Niki arguing correctly about Frankie being the best, while Clay tried to explain that Joe of all people deserved the title of the best. Niki, in mock-anger, ran ahead and hopped on a swing. Clay chuckled and walked towards the swingset,, but was stopped by a group of about five people stopping in his way, and in the center was none other than Jonathan.

He saw their fists clench and new realized their intentions. He knew he was strong, but he wasn't strong enough to take on five people who were decently strong. As the realization that he was probably going to get hurt sunk in he could see Jonathan smirk. As Clay was preparing for a fight he knew he couldn't win, Niki walked back over to him, her eyes blazing with fire. She stood protectively in front of Clay.

She glared at the group of boys in front of her. All of them, except Jonathan, ran off, fear evident in their eyes. With a terrifyingly calm voice, Niki reminded the boy in front of her that she could easily make the front page of the next school-newspaper a story of all the things he had done, and maybe some things he hadn't. He widened his eyes before slowly backing up, then turning around and running. Niki kept her eyes on him till he was out of her eye range, then scoffed as she turned around to see Clay trying to hide his fear and relief. Clay thanked her and she replied with, He deserved it, as she gave him a hug.

So, are you not mad at me for liking Joe anymore?, Clay teases, testing the waters

She breaks the hug and punches his shoulder lightly, I can never forgive you for that.

Good thing I wasn't asking for forgiveness.

The End

niki x dream !platonic!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara