Chapter 9

█No POV█

You can’t believe what he just said. Hatred to the animatronics, it planted in you and continuously growing. But that thought made you feel scared because you were gonna start your shift with ‘them’. Still, the question lies in your head… “Why did they kill him?”

The manager was still avoiding any eye contact with you. “How did… you know that he was murdered by them? If you saw them did that, why didn’t you stop them?” you asked, raising your voice.

“Well… We…”

Silence took over the whole place and the time was passing by. It was nearing your shift, 12 AM. “You’re shift will start soon. You better go in your office.” The manager said, not even bothering to answer your question. Mike thought of that, he was getting worried that ‘they’ might hurt you too.

“(y/n), if you don’t mind… I can… take your shift tonight.” He suggested. “You can do that?” you asked.

“Y-Yeah… But, I have to ask the manager about it.” He said as he turned his head to the manager. ‘He’ faced him. “You can take her shift just this once, but just so you know, you’ll still be working tomorrow at day.” The manager said. Without even thinking about it, Mike just accepted it.

“Wait! Won’t you get tired?! If you got tired, something bad might happen to you!” you said, getting much worried. He gave a weak smile, “C’mon, I’m used at doing this.” He said then headed to the backstage.

“You know that that’s not the way to the office, right?” you said. “Yeah, I know. I just gotta… fix something.” He said as he completely disappeared into the darkness of the place.

“This isn’t a part of your paycheck.” The manager said. “You better get out of here as well. Something BAD might happen.” He added as he went straight to the exit. You followed him and went home.

As you were walking home, you were thinking about PG and it really stuck in your head on what the hell happened to him. It was very confusing. The animatronics wouldn’t kill him since he was innocent and it was not even night yet for them to see him as an endoskeleton. The time he was killed wasn’t exactly sure if it was in the day or night.

Or… maybe someone killed him and convinced Mike and Mr. Cloak into thinking that it was the animatronics’ doings.

You don’t know which part to believe.

Scratch that. You felt worried about Mike now since he took your place for this night. You were worried about him dealing with ‘them’ and he hasn’t even taken any rest as well. He worked a while ago during the day, then he’s working right now for you and now he got to work tomorrow at day as well. He got one tough luck to be working without a rest or even a single nap.

You reached your house. You’ve got nothing else to do so you just sat on the sofa. The lights were turned on and your mom was there, looking at you.

“What’s wrong? You got fired?” she asked you. You didn’t look at her, “Nope. Someone’s taking over my shift today.” You answered.

You didn’t tell her about what exactly happened and why was your shift taken over by someone. Your mom sat next to you and she was not looking like her usual self. You asked her about it. “Hey, mom. What’s with the big down drown?” you said.

She sighed. “(y/n), dear, mom called about a little while ago. I’ll be going to her place due to some… problems and I’ll be taking Andrew with me since it’s dangerous for him to be alone during the night. Someone might break in and take him while you’re gone. I can’t hire a sitter since I can’t find someone trust-worthy. We’ll be leaving after tomorrow.” She explained. “Do you want to go with us? You know that you can quit that job anytime.” She asked you.

You were silenced. You’ve got too many things in your mind and the ‘quitting-plan’ just butted in your busy thoughts.

“I’ll think about it, mom. I can’t just quickly agree without informing them.” You said as you gave a weak smile. “I understand.” Your mom nodded then she left and went to bed.

You can’t sleep because you just took some rest and you were ready to ‘not-sleep’ due to your job as a night guard. To get things off your mind, you turned on the tv and started flipping through the channels. There was one channel that caught your attention. One channel that you have never seen before. It was a channel for the past few records of entertainment.

They showed Freddy’s and talked about the place’s past. You were shocked to hear that the place has many mysteries and cases of murders. The place was even closed down years ago and just reopened again. But none of the facts explained why the animatronics can turn into humans. You just also knew that there were Toy versions of the animatronics years ago.

You stayed up for about 4 hours now. Hope that Mike’s still alive…

Three guards were mentioned there but they only showed two people, to your ability of remembering, their names were Jeremy and Fritz. PG’s name was also mentioned by the reporter. Since he was working since 1987, it would seem like he had been working there for 5 years or so.

The report ended like the usual movie reports you see on other channels. What a marathon this was…

You looked at the clock now; it was 5:53 AM now. Mike’s shift was about to end now and you were still worried about him. You stood up and walked to the pizzeria. By the time you got there, it was already 6 AM. You stood still infront of the glass door of the pizzeria. As the door opens, you saw a figure standing straight.

It went to you and it was Mike. He had eye bags and was most likely about to collapse. “Uhh… Mike? Are you okay?” you asked him.

“Yeah, yeah! The night was great! I ate pizza with the delivery guy and everything was… blurry. He was somehow blonde and… rusty eyes.” He said, still yawning. You looked weird-out by him. You took his hand and faced him.

“Alright, Mike. I’ll be taking your day shift. You can’t handle this by yourself!” you said, shaking him. “I’m taking your shift today, get it? Now, go home and take some rest!” you ordered him as he walk home like a drunken person.

“Alright, mom…” he mumbled as he walked away.