Mutant High

Tristen's POV:

I was able to change into a pair of ripped blue jeans and a grey t-shirt before Jean gave me a tour of this school. She showed me all of the classes I'd have, along with where my dorm will be, I am currently staying in the medical lab downstairs until they can figure out how to get my night terrors under control.

They also managed to find me some clothing that suited me really well. I was eternally grateful to them, I walked to my first class in a pair of black converse and my hair braided and sat on my right shoulder. I found my seat in my science class that Storm was teaching. I was sitting by a girl with light brown hair and I smiled at her. "Hi, I'm Tristen." She looked me up and down and started laughing.

"Umm, no. You don't get to talk to me."

I was taken aback by her comment. I rolled my eyes and kept my head down. There was a tap on my shoulder, I looked and a boy with brown hair smiled at me. "Don't mind Katrina. She's just a wannabe. She can walk through walls but that's all she can do."

I nodded, "Thanks."

"I'm Bobby." He said and reached his hand out.

I took it hesitantly, "Tristen."

"Well, it's nice to meet you,"

"You as well. What is your mutation?" I asked. He smiled and set his hand on my desk, I was confused until he moved his hand away and there was an ice-carved rose sitting on my desk. I smiled at him, "That's incredible!"

"What about you?"

I shook my head. "I can't show you since we are inside."

He gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?"

I cleared my throat, "I'm a banshee. At least that's what the professor told me."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Interesting, that's pretty cool."

"I guess. I don't know how to control it so I have to stay downstairs for now."

He laughed lightly. "You'll learn fast, I did. I can help you if you want."

"I'd love that," I said with a smile.

"Shut it, I'm trying to listen." Katrina snapped.

Bobby and I made a face at each other and smiled before paying attention to the class. He seems really sweet, I think I'm going to get along with him well.

~~~

There was another girl wandering around the school, she looked my age, I walked up to her and smiled. "Hey, I'm Tristen,"

"I'm Rouge,"

"It's nice to meet you, are you new here?"

She tugged at her gloves and nodded, "Yeah,"

I smiled and nudged her lightly, "Me too,"

"You are?"

"Yeah, we can help each other out, if you want."

"I would love that,"

The pair of us walked to our next class and sat next to each other, "What's your ability?" I asked.

"I'm not too sure yet. The professor is going to help me figure it out. What about you?"

"The professor is helping me too, I'm a banshee,"

"Really? I've read about those in an English class before."

"Yeah? What do you remember?"

"Well, Banshee's can hear voices, especially when people are close to death. Banshees are practically Gods/Goddess' of death. The screams of a banshee can be deadly, and they can channel their voices throughout their bodies to use it as a more controlled weapon."