Chapter Forty-Five - Promise

Start from the beginning

"It would have been worth the wait," He tilts his chin up to gently kiss me again, setting me back on my feet.

"Maybe we should go upstairs and not break the law this time." I tell him quietly, biting down on my bottom lip gently.

I see his eyes flash before he groans softly, bending down to bury his face in the crook of my neck. "What have I told you about insinuating that when you know we can't?"

"That I should stop," I giggle, running a hand through his hair, "but who said we can't right now?"

"Your dad and your sister are in the house, baby," He tells me lowly, his deep voice sending a shiver down my spine.

"I can be quiet." I whisper, slipping a hand under the back of his shirt to feel his warm skin against mine. He noticeably shivers at my touch.

"No you can't," He shoots back, hands going to my waist to squeeze it, "and I never want you to be." I feel his mouth open against my neck before he starts placing slow, wet kisses all over my skin. I let my head roll to the side to allow him more access, feeling my mouth drop open. When he places a kiss on a particularly sensitive spot, I can't help the quiet moan that I let out right next to his ear.

Reece immediately freezes. He groans softly again, pulling away from me gently. He huffs, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "Soon, Sunshine."

I huff, "Fine. Come have breakfast then please." Taking his hand in mine, I lead him through to the kitchen where my dad is still busy cooking. Bella is now sitting at the dining table, on her phone.

She looks up when we walk in, smiling, "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, babe," I ruffle her hair as I walk passed, sitting across from her at the table. Reece says hello to my dad and Bella before taking the seat beside mine. Him and Dad start talking about his boxing and school, while I turned to Bella.

"How are things between you and Max?" I ask.

She quickly looks up from her phone. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you've had a crush on him for years and you've been best friends for months now... How are you with that?"

"We're fine. I... I like spending time with him. We're only young, so I don't expect anything to happen. But, in a few years if he admits that he likes me, I'm not going to turn him down."

"And what if you only ever stay friends?"

She pauses before shrugging, "It's only a stupid crush. It will go away eventually."

"Sunshine," Reece gently cuts into the conversation to hand me my orange juice that I left on the counter. I smile up at him and kiss his cheek quickly to thank him.

Dad serves up our breakfast a moment later and we all tuck in. The rest of the morning passes by pretty quickly. Dad and Bella give me their presents which consists of some new headphones and some clothes among other things. Reece tells me he wants to give me my present later and I don't object. I'm left wondering what it will be for most of the day.

I insist on helping Bella make my birthday cake, much to everyone's protest. But I love making cakes, so they let it slide. Reece helps my dad prepare the other food and things for when my friends come over in the afternoon.

At around one o'clock, I head off to have a shower and get ready. That brings us to now, where I am sitting in my towel on the end of my bed, once again wondering what to wear.

My bedroom door opening has my eyes finally moving away from my open closet to see who walks in. Reece stops when he sees me sitting on my bed in nothing but a towel, eyebrows furrowing.