Chapter Forty-One - First Date

Start from the beginning

"Of course, Sunshine. You can choose the second date." I promise, glancing at her quickly. I am so unbelievably happy at this moment, it's not even funny.

She turns back to look at me, a smirk forming on her lips. "Already thinking about a second date when we haven't even started the first?"

"Well, technically I think the date starts from the moment I knock on your front door and goes right up until I drop you back home. And, yes, I plan on taking you on many more dates after this one, Sunshine. If you're up for it?" I ask with a grin.

"Of course I am." She replies sweetly.

"That goes for both of us then." I smile at her quickly before focusing my attention back on the road ahead of me. She looks amazing tonight. She always looks incredible, but something about her tonight just has me wanting to fall to my knees for her. Maybe it's because I'm finally getting to take her on a date, I'm not sure, but I just think she looks gorgeous. She's wearing a light blue shirt that ties in the front with a pair of fitted white pants.

After a few more minutes of chatter, we arrive at our destination for tonight

After a few more minutes of chatter, we arrive at our destination for tonight. Layla leans forward in her seat curiously, looking around as I pull into the small parking area of the little row of businesses. There's the restaurant we're going to tonight along with a few clothing shops, a café, a music store, and a couple other businesses.

"I've never been here before." Layla speaks her thoughts aloud as I swing into a parking space.

"I've come here a few times after school with my siblings – the little ones mostly. We come here to get-" I cut myself off as a thought suddenly occurs to me, "I've brought you here before."

Layla turns to me with furrowed brows as I kill the engine but we both remain in the dimly lit car. "I don't think so. I'm fairly sure I've never been here before."

I smile, shaking my head, "Remember the night of the party when you got drunk? Not long after we first me? The ice cream parlour over there-" I point to the little corner store with the bright sign reading 'ice cream', "that's where I took you when you wanted ice cream."

She takes another second to look closer at the area, a smile taking over her lips, "Was I really that drunk that I don't remember pulling into this little spot? I remember the ice cream shop, now that I'm looking at it, but I don't think I was looking much at the surroundings."

"I completely forgot that this is where I took you. That was completely unintentional, but maybe we should get some ice cream from the parlour after dinner?"

She immediately nods with an excited grin, "Definitely!"

As Layla starts grabbing her purse to get out of the car, I quickly jump out and jog around to her side, opening the door for her before she can reach for it. She steps out of the car and I shut the door after her, catching the grin on her lips.