𝐯. 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

Star chuckled, nudging Riven in the ribs. "Oh, pray tell me what are you giving her in exchange?" Riven's cheeks suddenly turned red, making her gasp. "Riv, are you blushing?"

He shook his head, running a hand through his messy brown locks. "Shut up, you tosser. Let's get you studying."

They both started to walk along, Riven stretching his arm so it rested around Star's shoulder as she poked his cheek, wiggling her eyebrows as she said in a sing-song tone "Fine. But this conversation isn't over."

If you had told Star the day before she'd be studying with Riven out of all people, she would've laughed in your face before letting out a small snort. Yet there she was, midday on a weekend, sipping from the stashed vodka Riven had hidden under his bed as Beatrix explained her the history of magic. Granted, Riven wasn't doing any studying, as he laid on bed scrolling through his phone and adding sarcastic comments every now and then.

"Let's see if you remember . . . when was the war between fairies and witches?" Beatrix questioned Star, looking at her through her eyelashes as she pursed her red lips.

Star frowned, scratching the back of her head as she tried to recall the information the redheaded fairy had given to her not so long ago. Riven looked over Beatrix's shoulder at the book, before looking at Star and mouthing the answer. "1864."

Beatrix smiled. "Well done! You're progressing nicely."

"Please." Riven snorted, exhaling smoke as he leaned his head on his hand. "I mouthed her the answer, she had no fucking clue."

Star gasped, throwing Riven a pillow which he narowly missed, throwing his head in laughter. "Riven! Way to throw me under the bus, you asshole!"

"Hey . . . " the trio looked up to watch a confused Sky walk in, shrugging the bag of his shoulder before throwing it on his own side of the room. His eyes glanced between Star, Beatrix and Riven in slight confusion. "What are you doing?"

Star sighed, pointing at the books. "We're supposed to be studying."

Sky raised an eyebrow. "What, with Riven?"

Riven let out an exhasperated groan as Star laughed. "Why is everyone surprised at the fact? I'm starting to find it offensive." Beatrix reached out to hand Riven his flask of vodka, who took a chug before raising his eyebrow at Star. "Want some?"

"My hands are pretty full." Star shrugged, looking down to see that she was holding most of her pens and books between her. Riven indicated for her to come closer with his finger, and as Star did, she leaned her head back as Riven pressed the flask to her lips. She took a few gulps, and when a drop of vodka spilled, Riven wiped it with his thumb. "Thanks, Riv."

Sky had been watching, unaware that Beatrix watched him with curiosity as the blond teenager glared into the spot where Riven's hand had touched Star's cheek, and as the two separated, now glared at Riven. Jealousy churned inside of him as he clenched his jaw, looking away, and for a second in time, he wished he was in Riven's place. But Sky could only suppose it was his fault anyway, being with Stella. "Really, Riven? Not only are you drinking in broad daylight, but you're also being a bad influence on Star?"

"Hey!" Star hiccupooed, making Sky soften as he tried not to smile as the noise. Star had always had a low intake of alcohol, meaning it didn't take long for her to feel woozy and drunk. "I'm a big girl, I can make my own decisions. Ha! Big girl. I'm only twelve. Or am I twenty?"

Beatrix giggled as Star attempted to hold up twelve fingers, to only realise she only had ten fingers, which made her pout. Sky smiled as he stared at Star before shaking his head. "What about Silva? If he catches you-"

"I made sure he was out. He's doing some military shit with Solaria's guards." Riven shrugged, nudging at Star with his toes. "Ask your girlfriend."

Beatrix raised her eyebrows, licking her lips. "You're dating the princess? Shit. Is it weird having sex with someone who looks just like you or is that sort of the point?"

Riven snickered, choking on his own saliva as he cleared his throat. Star looked up at Sky with wide eyes. "A princess? You're so lucky, I wish I were a princess. Is that why I'm alone?"

"Okay!" Sky exclaimed, adjusting his jacket as he glared at Riven. "Star gets drunk with only one sip of alcohol. But you'd only know that if you spent time with her."

Riven raised his arms in defence. "Geez! I'm not the one who left her for princess Stella over there."

Sky grabbed Star's arm, putting her arm around his as he helped her stand up. She wasn't doing too bad, but she certainly would have a hang over the next morning. And she needed to sober up for tonight if they were going to recuperate Star's ring that very same night. Riven saluted her away. "See you later, Princess!"

Both Sky and Star exited the room, the latter stumbling over her feet as Sky attempted to take her to her own suite, hoping they wouldn't run into Stella or any teachers on the way. "Don't you think grass is fascinating? I mean, it's everywhere! All one shade of green. And cows eat it. I've never eaten it. Should I eat it?"

Sky chuckled, a blond lock falling into his eyes. "Maybe some other time, Star."

She widened her eyes, trying to pull herself away from Sky's grasp. "Oh my god, who are you? Help! Someone! This strange man won't let me eat grass! It's the land of the free, you idiot sandwich!"

Other students looked at the two curiously as Sky attempted to quiet Star, who was borderline shouting as he attempted not to burst out laughing, pressing a hand on her lips. Star looked at him with wide eyes as Sky shushed her. "Shush, listen. I'm Sky."

"Sky?" just went Sky thought she recognised him, she shook her head. "No, you're not. Sky's my friend." she paused, suddenly frowning. "Or I think he is. We haven't spoken a lot lately. I think I screwed it up, and now he has a girlfriend and I'm left all alone. Hey, don't you have a girlfriend? Is she pretty?"

Sky looked at her, smile fading at the joyful unknowing look on her face. "Yeah, she is." he muttered, and he wasn't lying. Stella was beautiful. But that's where his feelings stopped for the blonde.

"I hope she makes you happy. My friend Sky makes me happy." Star muttered, eyes flickered shut as they neared the Winx suite. Sky pushed the door open, ignoring the curious look Terra sent him as he entered with a slurring Star who was falling asleep.

"What happened?" Terra asked, borderline worried.

Sky looked at her, shrugging. "Riven."

The two helped Star get into the bed, and Terra exited to find a blanket for Star, who was already hugging the cushion and muttering love poems to it. Sky smiled softly at the sight, pushing a black strand of hair out of her face.

"It's so hard being your friend when I feel like we're meant to be more, Star."

all your comments through out the story make my day better, thank you :)